X. immanis had a rough molt

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
So my X. immanis sling finally molted the other day and it appears to have had a few issues. On three of it's legs it seems like there is old exo left behind but I've no idea if that's what it is or something else. It can walk around well enough, but I can't tell if the back legs are kinda 'useless' or not. It seems like the spider doesn't have much control over them, though it's hard to tell. Should I be worried at all since it's walking around just fine?

I'm thinking I might start adding more moisture than I usually do. The substrate looks bone dry, but I drizzle water across the substrate daily. I took pics before doing so. I try not to soak substrate to avoid mold growth. I had a similar issue with my G. iheringi, and it seems to me like the leggier tarantulas have problems getting those delicate legs out unscathed during molts.

First two pics are of the X. immanis, third is of my G. iheringi.

tumblr_nicdyaDQEc1tiveumo2_400.jpg tumblr_nicdyaDQEc1tiveumo1_400.jpg

tumblr_nfrswoj7Rm1tiveumo2_1280.jpg

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks a little strange but there isn't much you can do. You won't really be able to tell until after it hardens up a bit more anyway. I would suggest adding a water dish if you don't have one. My immanis loves moist sub and can be seen drinking water pretty often.

I think he/she will be fine though, let us know how it goes.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Looks a little strange but there isn't much you can do. You won't really be able to tell until after it hardens up a bit more anyway. I would suggest adding a water dish if you don't have one. My immanis loves moist sub and can be seen drinking water pretty often.

I think he/she will be fine though, let us know how it goes.
Yep, all my Ts get water dishes because I've caught nearly every single one of my Ts drinking. I think it's super important for them to have access to drinking water at all times, regardless of what some sources say--That rubbish about getting all their water from crickets.

I think it will be fine too, just a little concerned for the next molt.