I couldn't resist...

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
This gorgeous queen was at the reptile store I frequent. I couldn't resist her for $80. She's kind of fat, but so temperamental. Would not stop a threat display all the way home and almost wrecked one of my paint brushes with her fangs when I gently nudged her into the cage. I can't really blame her for being stuck in such a small deli cup for days on end.

No more reptiles for me for a while until I downsize and figure out what I'm going to breed, but I could go for like, and entire bookcase of tarantulas. They are so addictive! I've got my rose hair on my desk and I just love to watch her meander around her KK and push dirt around. Also love to just sit and watch my other T's at night.

Decided on Ephyra, for her name and keeping with my Gears of War theme. She'll be getting her cage outfitted with acrylic doors, a good backdrop, and probably a golden pothos plant as soon as I get the rest of the stuff I need for it and find my acrylic cutter.

Someone should totally send me a boytoy for her. :wink:

DeTwan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haitian Browns & Suntiger have always been the craziest spiders I have ever owned. My pokies don't compare. And I remember when I use to hold my Haitian, I was young and dumb.

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
Here are some more photos. You guys think she looks healthy? I actually gave her a roach the other night [a small one] and she held it in her fangs, dropped it, did some spider stuff, then went back to it and ate it.

I'll be re-making her cage here in about a week with some bigger cork bark, a pothos plant, and acrylic doors. It will be an adventure coaxing her out and into a temporary holding cup, I'll try to get it on video so you all can laugh at me.

Open cage to give her water, greeted with this.CALM. DOWN.

She's my biggest spider! My hand is about 6"

Sana

Arachnoprince
You didn't happen to get her in Fort Collins did you?

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
I wouldn't have been able to resist either. What a beautiful girl! :D I want very much to add one of these to my collection once I've finished cutting my teeth on P. cambrigei.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow something from a pet store that isn't a G.rosea/portei or an A.avic.

Sana

Arachnoprince
WHY YES yes I did! :D
Darn! I was looking at her the day she came in. She's the first T I have ever seen flip on it's back in a threat pose. If I had the money in my pocket, I'd have brought her home. Congrats she's a beauty!

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
Darn! I was looking at her the day she came in. She's the first T I have ever seen flip on it's back in a threat pose. If I had the money in my pocket, I'd have brought her home. Congrats she's a beauty!
Thank you! She didn't quite flip on her back for me, but she was close! What a little spitfire :p

If you have a mature male or get your hands on one, I'd totally let you bring him over for a date, haha!

---------- Post added 01-26-2015 at 07:25 PM ----------

Also, quick question, but is it sometimes normal for a T to get a slightly more dull color during a move to a new environment? Ephyra was looking a tiny bit dull when I gave her water today.