Substrate question - Coconut fibre vs. shredded coconut husk

TypicalCricket

Arachnopeon
Hey all, I was wondering if there was a difference between coconut fibre and shredded coconut husk in terms of substrate. In preparation for the spiders I plan on buying soon, i bought a brick of shredded coconut husk from my local Petland.
However, I've noticed that it is a lot "choppier" in texture than what I usually see in photos or videos. By that, I mean that there are some relatively large pieces of coconut husk, the biggest being perhaps 3/4" square, mixed in with both long and short fibres. Since the product I have differs from what I usually see, I'm wondering if I may have grabbed tue wrong thing. I was under the impression that pretty much any coconut-based substrate would be the same or at least similar.
So is the thing I bought (check the link above for the exact product page) the same as what other people use? More importantly, will it be an acceptable substrate for slings/tarantulas in general?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You grabbed the wrong product.

You want the type which has finer fibers not the chunks

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I've been buying Josh's Frogs CoCo Cradle in the bag. If' fineness is important to me, I sift it (using some sort of sieve contraption that I think is used in asian cookery). I assume sifting it may assist in burrow building, maybe, may not.
I have eco-earth bricks, but never tried them because they had to hydrated.

Jebbles

Arachnosquire
I use coco fibre. You can normally buy the 3 pack for a really good price at expos. Got mine for 5 dollars, and it's going to last me about a year. I think coco husk is good for some snakes, and other reptiles. I'm not sure about using them for T's, maybe a mixture of the two would be alright. To make my tank look more natural I'll use forest floor bedding, which also come with the springtail clean-up crew. Great for messy eaters.