Rather worried

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I recently removed my 2nd instar emperor scorplings from their mother. They are doing fine but the mother I worry about. She seems to not use her tail anymore, it lies flat behind her. She is feisty as always, leading me to wonder if she is in fact okay? Or should I count down the remainder of her days?

Thanks a lot,

Aidan

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think a search on this might help.. I could have sworn someone asked the same question and were told that their scorp was just being lazy :)

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ummmm, usually emps don't use their tails...........but even so..........Maybe she's just frightened that she might accidently sting one of her young...........Just a theory.......no scientific backup.

WorldTour

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
woijchik89 said:
ummmm, usually emps don't use their tails...........but even so..........Maybe she's just frightened that she might accidently sting one of her young...........Just a theory.......no scientific backup.

Emps use their tails quite a bit, granted usually not for stinging.

To be quite honest I wouldn't worry a whole lot, my emp that just recently popped has her tail curled sideways and flat w/ her body. My Deathstalker also had this posture when it popped and for at least a week after the 2nd instars were removed from the enclosure. Give her a week or so to get out of the "mothering" mode.

-Mark

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She doesn't curl her tail above her body, it lies flat behind her. Thank you very much WorldTour. I haven't had a birth previously so I was new at this. Thanks again,

Aidan

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
WorldTour said:
Emps use their tails quite a bit, granted usually not for stinging.

To be quite honest I wouldn't worry a whole lot, my emp that just recently popped has her tail curled sideways and flat w/ her body. My Deathstalker also had this posture when it popped and for at least a week after the 2nd instars were removed from the enclosure. Give her a week or so to get out of the "mothering" mode.

-Mark
HaHa I ment their "stinger."

My scorp was doing that same thing.......Is it's cage level.............cause mine was kinda hilly.......with rocks and stuff.................and thats when i figured out its tail was behind him in order to balance himself..............but now hes stopped doing that........cause now e's more sure of himself.....

Just a thought.

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I know how to take care of emperors, yes the temp and humidity are okay. Of course the tank is level, and anyways, that has nothing to do with this. To answer your question about how the tail is situated, read the initial post.

Aidan

alex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When scorpions poop, they let their tail lay down on the ground.
I don't know if that's the problem, just a thought.

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
alex said:
When scorpions poop, they let their tail lay down on the ground.
I don't know if that's the problem, just a thought.
That was my first thought as well, but they rarely leave it that way for more that several minutes.

alex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry carpe scorpio, but my english doesn't go longer than this.
What I meant was that maybe the poop can't get out.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
{D gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now. gotta go, gotta go, gotta go..... {D

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
pandinus said:
{D gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now. gotta go, gotta go, gotta go..... {D
LOL!, the one I saw was a Leiurus of mine that had it's anus in the corner and tried and tried and.........phssssht!, out it shot, all over the glass, looked like he saved that one for a while.