SpiderInTheBath's pictures

SpiderInTheBath

Arachnosquire
My G. pulchripes -- my first t! She's called Clarice.

A. avicularia from work -- I work at an animal handling company, we do events with reptiles and inverts. We don't handle these guys, they're for display:

This is my first post. Hello!

SpiderInTheBath

Arachnosquire

C. fasciatum -- this guy was much bigger than I expected him to be! I'm calling it Tigerbutt for now.

Smithy the B.

C. pentalore -- this guy is so tiny that I actually moved him back into this pot after deciding the one I had for him was too big. In his first enclosure he dug into the substrate. In this one he's like nope, that's lava and I'm safe up here. It's dry in there right now, if he doesn't get down I might try more damp...

A. versicolor, aka Miss (or Mr!) Jessica Fletcher. This is what happens when Murder, She Wrote is on TV while you're unpacking. I'm in love with this sling already! It ran around the pot licking the sides as soon as I put it in, and is loving that silk leaf. Instant fave.

Last edited:

SpiderInTheBath

Arachnosquire
I decided to try mealworms this week. Three of my slings happily chowed down on one with a crushed head, but the A. versicolor wasn't keen. I dropped a live one in there today and s/he was on it like s/he was me seeing cake.

^^ Web! I was having trouble getting this to happen and got some good advice here on it.

Opened the top to take a picture and a lightning fast reverse happened. (No worries, catch cup was at the ready.)

I keep squinting at pictures like this one, trying to guess the sex. I'm useless at seeing it even on fully grown specimens though -- more practise needed.

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Adorable. I think our versis are around the same age.

I also cannot vent sex for the life of me. I just have no idea what people are even looking at...

SpiderInTheBath

Arachnosquire
It was my birthday at the beginning of July and I splurged on some House of Spiders display boxes for my guys. I rehoused them ages ago, but I wanted to let them settle in before I took any pictures.

^^ This is my current shelf, with my 'creche' for the slings -- it's a tea candle lantern I found at TK Maxx. Originally my G. pulchripes lived in it (it's not sealed and has pretty good airflow through it) but I didn't like the way it looked set up.

This is where she lives now. She likes to sit at the back under the plant, though I've seen her legs sticking out the nostril of that skull a few times as well.

^^Tigerbutt (C. fasciatum) has built an awesome burrow with a big window at the back of his. I was hoping this would be a good enough ventral view to sex, but there's web in the way and I'm not very good at it to begin with.

^^Jessica Fletcher in her new cube. She webbed it up really quickly, sorting out the humidity really fixed that issue.

^^ Our Smithy! He's dug in and covered himself and I hope is moulting :D

My C. pentalore (Cooper) has been upgraded from a vial pot to a tupperware container, the same as Smithy was in before. He's so tiny that I veto'd his cube for now... there's one there for him when he's not going to get lost in it.

SpiderInTheBath

Arachnosquire

A. geniculata, aka Seymour.

My spare B. smithi, which I'm calling "The Log Lady". I'm pretty sure it's male (not because I've learnt much about ventral sexing, but because I gave it that name).

SpiderInTheBath

Arachnosquire
Caught Jessica having a drink! Tigerbutt (C. Fasciatum) will empty his water dish as soon as I fill it, and I've only ever seen the others dipping their toes in.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

SpiderInTheBath

Arachnosquire
Seymour is moulting!

uploadfromtaptalk1449668058606.jpg

Meanwhile, Clarice has chosen to identify as arboreal and now lives in a tree.

uploadfromtaptalk1449668114577.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk