Itsy is molting!

Zanyamarie

Arachnosquire
My baby Itsy is molting, and standing up while doing it. Very excited, my first tarantula who has molted, except for my spiderling, Heisenburg(R.I.P) 0123151945.jpg
Can't wait until she pops outta that old thing so I can keep it ;)

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Keep us informed on how she is doing that almost looks like going be tuff on her

Zanyamarie

Arachnosquire
She just flipped onto her side. I was worried as well but she looks like she's alright now.
0123152104.jpg

Zanyamarie

Arachnosquire
She's out! Now it's just a matter of getting flipped back over

---------- Post added 01-23-2015 at 10:39 PM ----------

Okay so now she's staying on her back with legs tucked in. How long should I wait until I worry? It's been about an hour since she turned on her back

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
At that size, it might take a while. All of my Ts take their time, stretching and what have you. Does she move at all? I find they groom a lot during this stage.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Yep. She's going to be that way for a bit. Imagine how tiring the molting process must be? Simply exhausting! She's resting now. The hard part is over.

Sana

Arachnoprince
Congrats on surviving your molt. Did you pull all your hair out with the nerves? I love and hate it when they molt where I can see them. Completely fascinating to watch, but the whole time I'm a bundle of nerves. Much less anxiety when they are hiding or molt overnight so one morning I wake up to a shiny, bigger T.

Zanyamarie

Arachnosquire
Congrats on surviving your molt. Did you pull all your hair out with the nerves? I love and hate it when they molt where I can see them. Completely fascinating to watch, but the whole time I'm a bundle of nerves. Much less anxiety when they are hiding or molt overnight so one morning I wake up to a shiny, bigger T.
Yes! Me and my mom watched and videoed. So cool!

cold blood

Staff member
How long should I wait until I worry?
Don't...it wouldn't help anyway. You can't worry about the natural progression of growth. Problems with molts are the exception, not the rule. They don't need our help, or our concern, they know what they are doing, that spider's probably done that 50 times without issue.

Worrying about this is kinda like worrying when a friend takes an extra long dump...he'll get it done, don't worry;)

Just give her a week and a half to harden up, she'll be really hungry once she does. Enjoy the new clothes!!

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
Congrats on the successful molt.

I'm somewhat amazed that you got away with using your T's nickname in the title though. The first and last time I did this approximately 75% of the replies I got were people telling me they didn't care about nicknames and strongly urging me not to use them in the future. Not trying to be a whiner, just perplexed by the inconsistency.

cold blood

Staff member
Congrats on the successful molt.

I'm somewhat amazed that you got away with using your T's nickname in the title though. The first and last time I did this approximately 75% of the replies I got were people telling me they didn't care about nicknames and strongly urging me not to use them in the future. Not trying to be a whiner, just perplexed by the inconsistency.
Eventually people throw up their hands and give up....the name of the t means exactly zip.

cold blood

Staff member
I never denied that, although some would argue that the name does mean something to the keeper.
So does my "regularity", but it does me no good to share it with everyone and it certainly wouldn't help me get a question answered. Likewise, it would only serve to take focus away from the question at hand...The more focus a thread with a good question has, the better help it will be for everyone with the same question/issue in the future who does a search.

Like Sgt Friday used to say: "just the facts m'am....just the facts" :smile:

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
I never feel worried about a molting T, honeslty when I watch its the furthest thing from my mind (the closest being why did I buy this alien?). I think tis funny when they curl up and rest after, looks like me on monday morning :p