Egg shield!

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
Scientists study the world as it is, engineers create the world that never has been.

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
Btw I just noticed that the paper Dixie cup absorbed water, making it warp and I caught a 1st instar breaching the hull. Just for future reference USE PLASTIC!

Thanks

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
personally i thought about doing this but instead of a dixie cup brim i was going to use a deli cup [no lid ofcourse] with holes near the bottom/on the bottom. it may be difficult to take them out tho was my only worry but itd take all chances of eating the eggs down in my mind.

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
personally i thought about doing this but instead of a dixie cup brim i was going to use a deli cup [no lid ofcourse] with holes near the bottom/on the bottom. it may be difficult to take them out tho was my only worry but itd take all chances of eating the eggs down in my mind.
You'll be using them for slings anyway :) good idea!

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
You do know that 1i slings don't eat anything, much less each other?
that may be true but some other boards claim that a 2i ate an egg or a 1i was on an agg and it later died.. so.. better safe then sorry??

Last edited:

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
I've watched three of my 1st in stars eat eggs. They got about three times the size of the other instars.

Ignore the face above I tried to remove it but it won't..

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I've watched three of my 1st in stars eat eggs. They got about three times the size of the other instars.

Ignore the face above I tried to remove it but it won't..
It deffinately happens! What's with the angry face bruh? You need to drink some chamomile tea or something lol!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You might as well toss those eggs. Being some are already 1st instar, the ones that are still eggs, are apparently not fertile.

Sana

Arachnoprince
You might as well toss those eggs. Being some are already 1st instar, the ones that are still eggs, are apparently not fertile.
I'm trying to learn as much as I can about breeding, so please forgive this probably dumb question. How do you figure that if some are 1i the others are not viable? I was under the impression that an entire sac would not necessarily grow at the same rate. At what point do you know that an egg isn't viable rather than just slower to develop than it's sac mates?

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
I'm trying to learn as much as I can about breeding, so please forgive this probably dumb question. How do you figure that if some are 1i the others are not viable? I was under the impression that an entire sac would not necessarily grow at the same rate. At what point do you know that an egg isn't viable rather than just slower to develop than it's sac mates?
I will let them remain until they turn black, one is in the process of opening now. They for the most part opened within two days of each other but there is about ten. Unfortanatly about 20 eggs didn't seem to make it. I have a few tests I want to run. Anyone want to see an egg cut open under a microscope? Might be hard bc I only have a camera phone but I'll give it a wack.

MrDave

Arachnosquire
I will let them remain until they turn black, one is in the process of opening now. They for the most part opened within two days of each other but there is about ten. Unfortanatly about 20 eggs didn't seem to make it. I have a few tests I want to run. Anyone want to see an egg cut open under a microscope? Might be hard bc I only have a camera phone but I'll give it a wack.
Whack away! It'd probably be pretty interesting.

Sana

Arachnoprince
That would be really interesting to me.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
that would be pretty cool. i almost want to ship mine, which has a lil stand, just to watch the awesome process XD alas it would be too late XD