H. Lividum Enclosure Makeover?

Tarantula Fangs

Arachnosquire
Hello everyone, I seem to have quite a boring setup for my Haplopelma sling, I was wondering if you guys could post pics showing off your Haplo's enclosures, it would help give me some ideas on fixing mine to best benefit my little one, thanks for the help.

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They are known as a pet hole for a reason hahaha. My OW I mira lives in something equally as boring and is quite content.

assidreemz

Arachnosquire
Looks good to me?
*scratches head*
Id say pick another one of your t's enclosures to remodel

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Its tough spruceing up haplo enclosures but its possible to add some decorations...that's later though, first fix a few things.
1) the sub is on the dry side, don't go crazy and make it swampy but they need a little more moisture than that.
2) reduce some of the ventilation,Tape some saran wrap to the inside of your lid, cover about 3/4 of it.
You can add some small fake plants and if your crafty you can make up some Styrofoam rocks and cork hollows to decorate it.. You obviously don't want to use real rocks with any burrowers or ts in general IMO, and with it being a sling I wouldn't recommend putting any large pieces of wood in there..its unlikely they will burrow under and crush/wedge themselves but why risk it yaknow?
Understand though that how you decorate its enclosure is subject to change at the ts discretion and within a week or two it may bury everything you put in there! I think well decorated naturalistic terrariums are worth the effort though, so have fun and post some pics when your done.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks kinda of dry to me. I would soak that enclosure. All of my h lividum had high humidity with some decent ventilation and I didn't lose one. If you wanted to really rehouse this sling put some pothos in the enclosure, that will always spruce up the enclosure. Goodluck with your remodel.

I also forgot about moss. That will help hold humidity and the tarantula might use it in it's den.

Last edited:

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
That enclosure is very dry for h.lividum.
+1. Way too dry, the top's too open, especially with you being in California. Poor set up for a lividum. The top should be partially covered in plastic. For the interior, you can use a cork slab, on an angle with the side, plastic plants, and a water bowl.

Tarantula Fangs

Arachnosquire
<3 <3 <3 Thanks guys! :love::biggrin::happy: where would I be without you all? :cry:

---------- Post added 01-25-2015 at 08:52 AM ----------

Done, enclosure is now soaked! :)