Rescued B. Boehmei.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
So this is the story where I drove an hour and a half to trade my G. Rosea + 10$ for a handsome B.boehmei male. He is not mature and is now in much better condition.

He was in an 18" critter keeper with about a half inch of coco fiber... And a ceramic log and dish equipped with a scum ridden sponge..

Needless to say, he was clung to the top of his cage when I arrived. So I snuck my hand in just in time to save him from a 17" plunge on the ceramic log.. A death glare was given to the previous owner, then I politely informed them that tarantulas can die if they fall from from a distance. Anyway he is now rehomed into a better tub. Here he is... View attachment 133827 View attachment 133828

ironmonkey78

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok, congrats on the boehmei. They are beautiful. I am wondering though. Why didn't you just buy the boehmei outright from him. Trading a Rosie and 10 bucks is a pretty good deal so I'm guessing he would have let it go for pretty cheap. You've mention about how horrible he was set up and how you rescued him but you just gave him your Rosie. How long before the Rosie is in the same situation.

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok, congrats on the boehmei. They are beautiful. I am wondering though. Why didn't you just buy the boehmei outright from him. Trading a Rosie and 10 bucks is a pretty good deal so I'm guessing he would have let it go for pretty cheap. You've mention about how horrible he was set up and how you rescued him but you just gave him your Rosie. How long before the Rosie is in the same situation.
My thoughts to when I was reading

cold blood

Staff member
You've mention about how horrible he was set up and how you rescued him but you just gave him your Rosie. How long before the Rosie is in the same situation.
+2 I would have never given or traded a spider to someone that was virtually guaranteed to keep it in poor conditions....that poor rosie!

samatwwe

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree we with everyone else. The rosie will probably be put into the same situation.

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
We traded enclosures.. My Rosie will be fine, after I left she messaged me and wanted to know more just didn't know what they were supposed to be in. She didn't have to change anything for the Rosie.

---------- Post added 01-25-2015 at 11:33 AM ----------

She was very intent on holding her and I insisted on teller her to hold her on the floor, don't carry her around.. I almost wanted to tell her that she bites.. Lol but basically let the tarantula be, that's how they like it.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
+2 I would have never given or traded a spider to someone that was virtually guaranteed to keep it in poor conditions....that poor rosie!
+ 1 * 10^10 ! That Rosie will be dead before its time I'm sure. Why would anyone trade a T to an owner that clearly doesn't have a clue?

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
+ 1 * 10^10 ! That Rosie will be dead before its time I'm sure. Why would anyone trade a T to an owner that clearly doesn't have a clue?
Speaking if not having a clue look who chimed in :) so this time did you neglect to read what I wrote, or did you blantently ignore it to seem smart?

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You do have another issue besides everyone else thinking you did wrong by giving a trade. Your Brachypelma boehmei is not a boehmei it is actually boehmei/baumgarteni.

Jose

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Speaking if not having a clue look who chimed in :) so this time did you neglect to read what I wrote, or did you blantently ignore it to seem smart?

I read every response on this thread. If I didn't, then replying would be STUPID. I don't reply to "seem smart", because I don't care if one thinks I'm stupid or smart. That's such a childish thought process, usually people hear those comments in high school haha

---------- Post added 01-25-2015 at 02:56 PM ----------

You do have another issue besides everyone else thinking you did wrong by giving a trade. Your Brachypelma boehmei is not a boehmei it is actually boehmei/baumgarteni.

Jose

Jose, hola amigo, como estas???! Man, I was literally thinking of you when I read this post and saw that T. I was hoping you were around!

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah I'm still around. Just going thru a very difficult time, with my x-wife, my divorce, my kids and my spiders. My spiders are no longer with me. My good friend yentlequible on the boards has had all my spiders since early last year. They are still mine but he is taking care of them for now and maybe leading for good.

Yes that's another boehmei/baumgarteni what a shame this just tells you that the real boehmei and baumgarteni has become a mut.

Jose

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah I'm still around. Just going thru a very difficult time, with my x-wife, my divorce, my kids and my spiders. My spiders are no longer with me. My good friend yentlequible on the boards has had all my spiders since early last year. They are still mine but he is taking care of them for now and maybe leading for good.

Yes that's another boehmei/baumgarteni what a shame this just tells you that the real boehmei and baumgarteni has become a mut.

Jose
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that. All I can say is keep your head up. I can't predict the future, but I think when times are down, it can only better ultimately.

Sana

Arachnoprince
Did I understand you to say that the person who you did the trade with has been in contact with you trying to learn proper husbandry?

shawno821

Arachno Pimp

Jose
What distinguishes a hybrid from the true boehmei? It's not the best pic,so I assume it's something you can see easily.I ask because I have an AF I want to breed,and don't want to do hybrids.

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
Just so everyone is aware I talked with the girl who had the B. Bohomei and that's excatly what he is. At first she said she thought she got it from ken the bug guy, but upon further research that's where she got her GBB. She looked at her past records and she had ordered from backwater reptiles. Soo anyone else want to tell me my spider is a hybrid? Lmao :p

cold blood

Staff member
Just so everyone is aware I talked with the girl who had the B. Bohomei and that's excatly what he is. At first she said she thought she got it from ken the bug guy, but upon further research that's where she got her GBB. She looked at her past records and she had ordered from backwater reptiles. Soo anyone else want to tell me my spider is a hybrid? Lmao :p
Well, it WAS bought from one of the least reputable t dealers in the entire country.

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well, it WAS bought from one of the least reputable t dealers in the entire country.
Oh jeez. Remember that thread where someone ordered an E. Murinus and they got some sort of haplopelma sp.? I believe that was backwater right? They're pretty bad when it comes to tarantulas... Almost as bad (if not worse) than Craigslist.

She looked at her past records and she had ordered from backwater reptiles. Soo anyone else want to tell me my spider is a hybrid? Lmao :p
Tfisher, what you said is basically "I just bought a horse from a man who has never seen a horse. I has hooves and a mane, so it has to be a horse, even though it's mooing."

Okay bad metaphor but you get my point. They aren't reliable and get a huge amount of their orders wrong. I would rather trust an expert than a dealer. Just because it looks similar to a B. Boehmei, doesn't mean it IS one.

Also, look at its carapace. Boehmei doesn't have a black triangle there. I agree with Jose on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.