Will it be ok?

InvertGuy

Arachnopeon
Hey guys:) I've recently purchased an aphonopelma hentzi from what's considered quite a respectable LP in my area. The tarantulas were each individually housed in small exo Terra's, each with a water bowl and cork hides, so once I saw the young female hentzi for just $30, I simply couldn't resist.

Paradise had come crumbling down when I returned home however, when to my shock, I noticed that the t's fangs were still pink and slightly crooked, leading me to assume that someone unfortunately fed the little girl too early after a moult.

My question, should I return her ( I really don't wanna just give up on her if this problem can be easily dealt with), or can t's cope with these types of problems without a hitch?

Note: The fangs aren't completely out of whack, just slightly crooked and a bit out of line.
Will post pics asap!

InvertGuy

Arachnopeon
Pictures

As promised. I believe the front view of the to speaks the loudest, as it really shows the difference in elevation between the 2 fangs. Top view was the reason I bought her :)

Attachments

Sana

Arachnoprince
I would give her a week to ten days to harden then offer her prey. I think I would disable it first, just to give her an advantage, but as long as she eats and drinks, it should sort itself out in a molt or two. I would not be inclined to return her knowing that someone at the LPS had made that mistake for fear that they wouldn't be prepared to help her through this. I would probably find a way to mention the issue to them, diplomatically, and try to share information with them to prevent it from happening in the future.