L. parahybana growth rate.

GG80

Arachnoknight
Wow!!! I read about these guys growing like weeds and all that but I wasn't prepared for actually witnessing it. It's facinating. My sling went from 0.5" - 1.25" DLS in 5 months after 3 molts. Last night he molted again for the 4th time with me and after seeing him stretching his legs today he is just short of 2" DLS. Thats 0.5" - 2" in 7 months and 4 molts. Amazing.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Ugghhh…..your depressing me.I picked up 2 about 3months ago, they have shed 3 times but have grown only about a quarter of an inch...
I'm just gonna give them as freebees in my next 2 shipments...I'm sick and tired of watching them not grow!
I'm going to include a note that says don't breed these they are broken! Lol...

assidreemz

Arachnosquire
That's exciting!!
But I must say that I've had a G. pulchripes sling I acquired at .5" also and I've owned it for almost 6 months.
It molted 2 weeks ago and is over 2".
What temps are your parahybana kept in?
I keep my slings at 80-86 and I feed as much as possible.

GG80

Arachnoknight
That's exciting!!
But I must say that I've had a G. pulchripes sling I acquired at .5" also and I've owned it for almost 6 months.
It molted 2 weeks ago and is over 2".
What temps are your parahybana kept in?
I keep my slings at 80-86 and I feed as much as possible.
They're kept at 23-25C, I think it works out around 75-80F and I feed him every 4 days. My A. genic is kept the same and he's coming on nicely aswell, 0.5" - almost 1.5" in the same time. My 2 brachies seem like they're taking an eternity to gain any significant growth though. It's kinda frustrating in a way when you see the others grow so fast and you're waiting for the colours to develop on the brachies.

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
I wish mine grew like this..... It was bigger than my a genic (male) when I got it and the a genic passed the LP up by almost an inch. Although its slower growth could indicate I have a lady. One could only hope.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a female that is about 5" leg span, and she hasn't molted in about 30 months. Her last molt was in August of 2012. It boggles the mind.

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
I have a female that is about 5" leg span, and she hasn't molted in about 30 months. Her last molt was in August of 2012. It boggles the mind.
How often did she molt when she hit the 2.5 3 inch mark?

GG80

Arachnoknight
Although its slower growth could indicate I have a lady. One could only hope.
Funny you say that because although it's too small to confirm sex I have been suspecting it's a male simply because it's very leggy.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How often did she molt when she hit the 2.5 3 inch mark?
Just checked my records, and here are her molt dates. I got her when she was about a 1.5" spiderling.

25 December 2010
25 March 2011
4 July 2011
21 November 2011
28 August 2012

I don't keep track of sizes when I record molts, only the dates.