E. Cyanognathus

eldondominicano

Arachnobaron
Hello all, I've got a few questions on this particular species. What is the average ratio male:female with egg sacs? And also, husbandry requirements, aside from it being an obligate burrowing sp, what consistency does the substrate need to be? Moist, etc..

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They need lots of substrate which should be kept consistently moist. Mind their speed and watch your fingers.

eldondominicano

Arachnobaron
They need lots of substrate which should be kept consistently moist. Mind their speed and watch your fingers.
Thanks, what are your methods on keep sub consistently moist without mold. I will be using topsoil for my enclosures

---------- Post added 01-26-2015 at 02:52 PM ----------

And I've heard that these Tarantulas can adapt to arboreal environments? Not that this is my goal but rather what I've heard.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks, what are your methods on keep sub consistently moist without mold. I will be using topsoil for my enclosures

---------- Post added 01-26-2015 at 02:52 PM ----------

And I've heard that these Tarantulas can adapt to arboreal environments? Not that this is my goal but rather what I've heard.
I give them a lot of ventilation and I wet the substrate every few days while allowing it to dry out periodically.