So I went to my LPS and... I'm sure most can guess the rest

Sam_Peanuts

Arachnobaron
... I came back with a new tarantula!

I was only going to ask when they receive their fresh batch of crickets since I keep forgetting and I went to look at a G. rosea NCF that I suspected was a male for a couple of weeks, but it was always hiding and I wasn't really that interested in getting one right now.

Today, he was really well placed and I could confirm he was a mature male so I asked when his last molt was and it turns out it was only a month ago so since he was pretty fresh, I decided to give trying to reproduce my female another shot after failing 3-4 years ago(she molted).

I'm pretty much in the same boat as last time though since it's been a long time since my female molted so I have no idea if she's close to it or not, but I figured the male was fresh enough that I could give it another try if she decides to molt since they tend to live pretty long.

I've been wanting to try breeding again, but I always have the worst luck in finding males so at least it will satisfy me until my next breeding project(P. cancerides once my biggest female molt and if I can finally find a male that doesn't turn out female like last time) even though it's not the smartest choice since the slings will be pretty hard to sell, but I don't mind taking care of them for a long while since they're always hungry and jump on everything that move as slings.