Dubia Dangerous? Please post any experiences.

tbrandt

Arachnosquire
It is well accepted tarantula keeping practice to remove uneaten food from enclosures to avoid several problems.

Most serious - crickets, super worms, and other feisty meals can actually injure a tarantula if they catch it defenseless after a molt.

There are virtues of feeding Blaptica Dubia to your tarantulas (no smell, easy to control breeding, no jumping, etc.) but one of the downsides is they like to play dead and burrow. Sometimes they avoid getting caught by the tarantula.

Setting aside the practice of smashing heads and injuring them so that they don't get a chance to burrow away, do B. Dubia cockroaches pose any dangers to tarantulas, pre/post molt or otherwise?

Has anyone ever had a Dubia injure a tarantula in anyway?

I tried searching for an answer to this specific question and came up short. I would be grateful for any feedback or stories that anyone can share. Thanks!

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
No,it's another of the attractive features of dubias,they are not meat eaters,and you should never have a problem,other than the burrowing thing. I wish all my T's would eat them,but some just won't.