Burgundy Goliath or King baboon.

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If you had to choose what would young rather have the king baboon spider or burgundy Goliath?

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
hahaha poecs right.. tho if youv never had an ow id say goliath. but muticus are pretty cool even tho from what i hear they grow super slow

Last edited:

skippydude

Arachnobaron
Just a heads up, I've had a P muticus for 3 years and have never seen it out of its burrow, not even once :( . My T stirmi are almost always out in the open.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
P.muticus for sure! There coloration and body structure are amazing...

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If i didnt have respect for all tarantulas, i would say feed the stirmi to the muticus. Does that answer the question?

David VB

Arachnosquire
I follow Poec54, can't choose... Got both and both are stunning, interesting and in sight pretty much

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
If i didnt have respect for all tarantulas, i would say feed the stirmi to the muticus.
Except of course, that Theraphosa are at the top of the tarantula food chain. Adult Theraphosa are the ultimate predator in the spider world.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Except of course, that Theraphosa are at the top of the tarantula food chain. Adult Theraphosa are the ultimate predator in the spider world.
Maybe the tarantula world. Should a Theraphosa wander blindly into a web, though, it's gonna end up a meal for a true spider. Some of the orb weavers can take out lizards, birds and bats.

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Maybe the tarantula world. Should a Theraphosa wander blindly into a web, though, it's gonna end up a meal for a true spider. Some of the orb weavers can take out lizards, birds and bats.
I'm sure that could happen to a Theraphosa if the conditions are right. Though an adult Theraphosa could make a meal of those same prey items, no web required. With exceptions of course...owls or Vampyrum spectrum would likely make a meal out of any of the above, for example.

cold blood

Staff member
I'd think the surprise of the muticus exploding out of its hole would give it a huge advantage. Theraposa wouldn't know what hit it:)

Different continents mean the only place you will actually get the answer is one of those Japanese fighting videos.....I hate those videos.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I've seen and owned some wild caught muticus when they were coming in during the late 1990's. Never saw one over 7", although I'm sure some do exceed that. I've had 9" stirmi molt and turn into 10" adult males. Muticus can't just compare on size.

awiec

Arachnoprince
I prefer P.muticus, not dogging the theraphosa but I prefer the king in general. Whenever mine does molt it gains a good amount of size, the recent molt saw it gain .5 inches and it shows itself quite often. I am not a big fan of being kicked at so the muticus also wins on that front. I suppose it helps that my muticus is more of a fox orange than brown so it is a rather handsome spider.

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
Stirmi for me,kings just don't get as big,and big terrestrial T's are what I like. I also like all theraphosa,even Lasiadora,so I may be biased.

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
Ive got an AF that appears bigger than one of Poec's mature males. I have not measured either specimen's DLS but my female appeared slightly bigger during the pairing. T. stirmi all the way! I like P. muticus and I own both T. stirmi and P. muticus but the shear size of the stirmi is just too cool.

Last edited:

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
To be fair, a female T stirmi is going to be far more massive than a MM when both have a similar legspan.