Can a tarantula die on the side of an enclosure?

Tballs

Arachnopeon
Has anyone had a tarantula die still stuck on the side of the glass of there enclosure? I noticed my 2" Cyriopagopus hatihati sling hadn't moved in a few days and it was unusual for it to be out of its borrow. I was worried so I gave it a tap and it fell to the substrate on its back stuck in the same position . I immediately put it in a humid ICU. It's abdomin wasn't shrunken and the spider was not dried out. Does anyone have any suggestions or experienced anything like this?

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Makes me think he's dehydrated, try placing water droplets on his mouth parts (while he's laying upside down).

skippydude

Arachnobaron
Sounds more like a bad molt than dehydration since the abdomen wasn't shrunken. If it is stuck in it's molt, there isn't much you can do but pray. Placing in an ICU certainly won't help and may have aggravated the situation making it worse :(

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Sounds more like a bad molt than dehydration since the abdomen wasn't shrunken. If it is stuck in it's molt, there isn't much you can do but pray. Placing in an ICU certainly won't help and may have aggravated the situation making it worse :(
Oh goodness, I misread the post.. sorry.. in that case, I agree with skippydude

Tballs

Arachnopeon
Yeah I believe it is a bad molt as well. It was in premolt, it hadn't moved in two days. Hopefully it will pull through. It was a sexted female.

Slimdean

Arachnopeon
yea I got a maraca cabolca that did that during overnight shipping....my prayers weren't answered though as it didn't survive. Gave it a full week before it started to shrink and show signs of decay. :( Hope yours is more of a success.