Avicularia versicolor gestation period?

PIaf94

Arachnopeon
Hi all, just wondering what would be the usual gestation period for versicolors.
I've bred this species before and the gestation period was about 4 months
from begging of January to late April. Well I've bred my girls again and it seems like
they are taking longer than usual. Paired them with a loan male from Samatwwe at the beginning of september and the girls still haven't dropped a sac. I am almost positive they are gravid as they
Are heavily webbing each day and have been really plump with ought food for a while.
image.jpg
image.jpg

samatwwe

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bumping this thread. Does anybody have any ideas? It's been 5 months since two versicolor females were bred and they are huge but still no sac.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I bred my A. sp. "Amazonica" in July last year, she's fat, but hasn't dropped a sac yet. Be patient and hope for the best.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just be patient , mine did that too and I kept feeding till they disappeared and poof egg sac lol . Those are beautiful I can never seem to catch that purple in a pic no matter what I do lol

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They might just molt out instead. My six sacs of versicolor were produced from two weeks after breeding to three months. My girl's drop sacs fast for me.

Storm I think your amazonica female is way too small for a sac. At least for amazonica since they get sooo massive. I'm totally against inbreeding.

---------- Post added 02-06-2015 at 12:54 AM ----------

Best of luck and you should try to rehouse them that's how you get sacs easily or try to mimic their spring so they will drop a sac.

---------- Post added 02-06-2015 at 12:55 AM

Last edited:

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It took between 3 to 5 months before they laid a sac when i bred them, longer and they molted.