Few of my largest T's setups

Hanska

Arachnobaron
Nice and natural looking. The water dishes kind of pops out though.

Hanska

Arachnobaron
I like to use Exoterras water dishes that look like stone.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
woah nice!! i think i just figured out your top on one of the tanks..:D is that a custom brim that lays inside the top/rim of the glass.. so your lids sit INSIDE of the "rimless" tops? maybe for a cleaner flush look from afar?? interesting [emoji14]

Last edited:

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
woah nice!! i think i just figured out your top on one of the tanks..:D is that a custom brim that lays inside the top/rim of the glass.. so your lids sit INSIDE of the "rimless" tops? maybe for a cleaner flush look from afar?? interesting [emoji14]
You nailed it, it's my breeding tank, it's not one large glass lid though it's two

---------- Post added 01-30-2015 at 09:05 AM ----------

I like the stup.. But would like to know what sp. of Tarantula that is
phlogius sp, two phlogius Strenuus in this picture actually.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
You nailed it, it's my breeding tank, it's not one large glass lid though it's two

---------- Post added 01-30-2015 at 09:05 AM ----------

phlogius sp, two phlogius Strenuus in this picture actually.
Thats clever. i was actually thinking about this style top build as a possibility for a "co-enhabitant" tank for a balfouri group or h. Incie hut had fears on if using real glass if the lips would hold up perminantly. I guess i know now huh? XD. It was a toss up between this and makind a slide top that came in 2-3 sections (making front 1/2" smaller and adding some style of slide guide and glass over top of it kinda like a T to strengthen it).

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
Thats clever. i was actually thinking about this style top build as a possibility for a "co-enhabitant" tank for a balfouri group or h. Incie hut had fears on if using real glass if the lips would hold up perminantly. I guess i know now huh? XD. It was a toss up between this and makind a slide top that came in 2-3 sections (making front 1/2" smaller and adding some style of slide guide and glass over top of it kinda like a T to strengthen it).
They hold mate, the stuff is strong as, been using the tank for two years.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
They hold mate, the stuff is strong as, been using the tank for two years.
Happen to know what u used? I thought about trying liquid nails but then that would kinda blow the hole "rimless/topless" look xD

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
Oh I have no clue mate, I bought it from a pet store years ago but whatever is holding it in place is some seriously high quality stuff, I just examined it and it looks to be like glue but I can hardly see any of it, it was a very expensive tank though.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Oh I have no clue mate, I bought it from a pet store years ago but whatever is holding it in place is some seriously high quality stuff, I just examined it and it looks to be like glue but I can hardly see any of it, it was a very expensive tank though.
No prob. I guess ill have to give it a try with normal silicone. still lovely tanks