A.geniculata breeding

yodaxtreme545

Arachnosquire
Hey guys, I'll be pairing my MF A.geniculata with a male soon and I am curious as to how long, on average, I would expect it to take her to produce a sac if the pairing is successful? I understand it could vary. I have incubators ready to go.

Thank you.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I got a 7" female in 2013, and an adult male on loan a few months after that. In several pairing attempts the female had zero interest in mating. She shed in 2014, & is close to 8". I fattened her up, and tried again with the same male mid year. She was VERY receptive and cooperative. The male was cautious, overly so it seemed to me for such an eager and unaggressive female. The male finally got under her and got his palps in. The second he pulled them out she gave him a bear hug and sunk her fangs thru his carapace. I couldn't pry her off, but that was a moot point as he was probably killed instantly. The female's been putting on weight, but still no sac as of January 2015.

How big is your female?

---------- Post added 01-29-2015 at 09:56 AM ----------

Around 2-3 months I believe
Based on what?

yodaxtreme545

Arachnosquire
Yeah my friends G.rosea is gravid we believe because she's been putting on a lot of weight but after 9 months she hasn't produced a sac yet. I didn't think it would take an A.geniculata that long to drop one but i didn't know and especially because this will be my first breeding attemp. Thanks for the information.