Barylestus scutatus info?

Luke

Arachnosquire
Hey everyone! I was given this species as a freebie and I am just looking to learn a little more about it...(Where its from in Africa, more natural history stuff, etc) I have read one thing about the care and it seems that keeping them dry and spraying a few times a week will suffice? I am assuming that it is a sling (I get it tomorrow) but any additional info on, or experiences with this species would be greatly appreciated! (Enclosure pics?)

Thanks!

Luke

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I believe they Cameroon. There's not much more info on them out there. My slings seem to be growing just fine in a 40 dram with a little damp peat moss on the bottom, and nothing else. They hang on the sides of the containers. My one adult is in a larger Rubbermaid container with some cork bark to hide on, but is usually just stuck to the side of the enclosure. Very fast, be careful when you open the lid.

Later, Tom

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I'd say they are more flighty then aggressive. I haven't seen any threat display or aggression from them, but they sure take off at the slightest disturbance. Be prepared for their speed.

Later, Tom

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Mine tend to run whenever I disturb their container and haven't shown any real aggression. Just be ready for little bursts of speed and you'll be fine. I'm keeping mine in 40 dram vials with coco fiber on the bottom. It seems like if you get some coco fiber stuck to the sides of the enclosure they will hang out in the area more (camouflage of some sort perhaps?)

Hanska

Arachnobaron
That's why it looked familiar. I drooled that one in your picture thread Philth.