Brown stuff

eldondominicano

Arachnobaron
Hello all, I just received a package of T's, in which a couple there was a little blotch of.. Not sure what it is, yet the T's didn't seem in any harm. Any possible answers? Dirt maybe? Poo? the reason I wouldn't think liquid from the abdomen, is cuz they're still alive.. The one and only time I had this happen to me the T was DOA and there was a lot of brown looking liquid, it was greenish in color as well. I'm open to all kinds of answers/solutions, and whatever else you might have in mind to share. Thanks,

-Rafael

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Can you get us some pictures of it? "brown stuff" is pretty unspecific. Is it dried or still wet?

eldondominicano

Arachnobaron
Can you get us some pictures of it? "brown stuff" is pretty unspecific. Is it dried or still wet?
Lol at the moment I cannot, at work, only had a little window to check and see if my T's arrived alive. But in more detail, the splotch is only about 1/8-1/6 the size of the two T's that I saw it in. The paper towel is damp thus the splotch being so. There was no curling under of the legs and the T's were able to move quickly when I moved the paper towel. Picture a somewhat cylindrical small area in which a smudged pile of dirt is located, not saying its dirt but looks that way. I'm sorry for the lack of visual help. I will post a pic when I can

eldondominicano

Arachnobaron
IMG_2882[1].jpg

This is the best I could do.. And actually the splotches are a lot smaller than I suspected only a fraction of the T size

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yep it's poo might be from change of pressures on there trip, or just scared it out if them, or just needed to go,sometimes it is present and the T is dead you got lucky all was fine

eldondominicano

Arachnobaron
yep it's poo might be from change of pressures on there trip, or just scared it out if them, or just needed to go,sometimes it is present and the T is dead you got lucky all was fine
Woot! Of course all I was able to do is peek in and see them.. when I get home will be the real test but the ones with the brown splotch I didn't see any liquids coming out of their abdomen and saw no curling.. Praise God!! BTW just1moreT, two of which I got are E. Cyanognathus 1"ers, I'd like some husbandry insight on them. Not that I haven't done any research and set up accordingly, but I'd like to know from people who have delt with Ephebopus sp.

---------- Post added 01-30-2015 at 11:41 AM ----------

Of course by this I mean what are some methods you use for these higher moisture dependent sp., environment etc..

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I do believe they need more moisture than most sp , there nice T to own also enjoy them

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
Just poo.

I kept my E. Murinus slightly moist as a sling, as a juvie/SA I keep it pretty much dry, they're aren't as temperamental with humidity as some would suggest, in my experience anyway.