New spiderlings

elliotulysses

Arachnosquire
I got some b. albopilosum slings tonight. They are both about .5" and look well. I'm pretty excited to add to my collection

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats on the new t's. Those little guys can get out of anything lol. I also found wingless flies work best too. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. ;)

elliotulysses

Arachnosquire
Congrats on the new t's. Those little guys can get out of anything lol. I also found wingless flies work best too. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. ;)
Thanks! I feed my spiderlings cut up crickets mixed with fruit flies for variation.
I hear these are a faster growing for the family.
Right now they are in small deli cups so pretty escape proof. :)

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You're welcome. They do grow much faster like, the B vagans. And good idea. They're masters of escaping lol. You should get B smithi or auratum for your next brachys.

elliotulysses

Arachnosquire
You're welcome. They do grow much faster like, the B vagans. And good idea. They're masters of escaping lol. You should get B smithi or auratum for your next brachys.
I was thinking of it. They seem to be staples in the tarantula hobby

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is my only addiction and it's bad. I feel like a junkie, always looking for my next fix of arachnids lol.

---------- Post added 01-30-2015 at 09:24 PM ----------

Good choices and they're. I could never have enough of them lol.

eldondominicano

Arachnobaron
This is my only addiction and it's bad. I feel like a junkie, always looking for my next fix of arachnids lol.

---------- Post added 01-30-2015 at 09:24 PM ----------

Good choices and they're. I could never have enough of them lol.
Haha speaking of fixes this is what i just got today:

2x- H.Gigas
2x-P.Muticus
2x-C.Guangxiensis
2x-H. Maculata
2x-E.Cyanognathus
1x-P.Vitatta
1x-P.Rufilata

---------- Post added 01-30-2015 at 09:55 PM ----------

I've never had B. albopilosum, but heard they're great eaters, and live very long, congrats!

gobey

Arachnoknight
I have 4 B. albopilosum slings. 2 are growing very quickly. 2 seem like they've been 1/3 inch forever.
They're fun. Especially my biggest 2. They're among my favorite spiders. They tackle food like champs.... After running away from it.

Currently one sticks it's head in the ground like an ostrich and leaves It's abdomen poking out.

One has dug a cave at the bottom of the deli cup.

As for escape artists... Well I used to have 5.

Make sure your ventilation holes are small and your lids are tight!

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Haha speaking of fixes this is what i just got today:

2x- H.Gigas
2x-P.Muticus
2x-C.Guangxiensis
2x-H. Maculata
2x-E.Cyanognathus
1x-P.Vitatta
1x-P.Rufilata
Another nice haul. A few tips:

- Keep Hysterocrates constantly moist. Slings have no drought tolerance.
- Also keep guangxiensis and cyanognathus on moist substrate. guangxiensis will do a lot of spinning. Slings are tiny but grow at a good pace.
- Muticus should be drier with good ventilation. Make sure they have full water bowls. They dig like gophers.
- I put all my Poec slings in 32 oz deli cups with cross ventilation (upper sides), slightly moist substrate, piece of cork, piece of plastic plant, some long fiber sphagnum under the cork/plant for nesting (lightly spray it occasionally), and a small water bowl.

If any are too small for water bowls, use moist long fiber sphagnum.

Good luck.

eldondominicano

Arachnobaron
Another nice haul. A few tips:

- Keep Hysterocrates constantly moist. Slings have no drought tolerance.
- Also keep guangxiensis and cyanognathus on moist substrate. guangxiensis will do a lot of spinning. Slings are tiny but grow at a good pace.
- Muticus should be drier with good ventilation. Make sure they have full water bowls. They dig like gophers.
- I put all my Poec slings in 32 oz deli cups with cross ventilation (upper sides), slightly moist substrate, piece of cork, piece of plastic plant, some long fiber sphagnum under the cork/plant for nesting (lightly spray it occasionally), and a small water bowl.

If any are too small for water bowls, use moist long fiber sphagnum.

Good luck.
All my slings were set up the same with regards to Hysterocrates, Pelinobius, Chilobrachys, and Ephebopus. All were set up with 4 inches of moist substrate(Top Soil, and yes I know your not a fan, but Coco fiber for mold retention). My sub is wet enough that it can be clumped when squeezed, yet no water seeping out. My chilobrachys's are 2", sexed for breeding; setup with higher ventilation, in Kritter keepers with plastic covering the top completely, I did tests for weeks in these keepers, with the plastic on top and it has slowed the process of evaporation very well, with signs of any drying on the surface after 3-4 days . On a previous thread you saw my deli cup setups with holes on lid, I replaced my lids that same day. Now for all deli cups I have 16 holes on the top sides 1/8 inch by drill bit, and no holes in the lids. I'll allow my P. Muticus' substrate to dry out a bit and keep a corner dampened. My Poecs are set up the same as yours, except without a plastic plant.

Thanks.