I want my money back

Ashton

Arachnoknight
I bought two geniculatas in mid October and I have come to the conclusion that both of them are not good eaters. They act like... well I'm not sure but they don't eat as much or as voraciously as I expected. Oh well.

Oreo

Arachnocookie
Can't tell if you're being serious. What are their sizes and what and how often are you feeding them?

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
Yeah what? Are they teeny tiny slings? Genics are just..... always hungry. Always. But Ts are individuals, so something out of the norm for a species doesn't surprise me.

Ashton

Arachnoknight
100% serious. Ones about 3/4 of an inch and the other is about double the first. I offer food once a day to them

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah....once a day?! No comment.

Besides - the bigger they grow, the bigger their appetite gets. That doesn't mean they will eat every single time you offer food - these do get into premolt, too, you know? :)

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
How many times a week do they actually eat? And yeah premolt could be a thing and the one is still a little small. I never had a problem when mine was an inch except premolt. It's very obvious. I'm sure they'll come out of it eventually. Is it cooler in the room they're in by any chance?

skippydude

Arachnobaron
I feed my A geniculata slings once a week, maybe twice. Unless they are in pre-molt, they have no problem taking down prey.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
You can't expect a refund after several months. The seller can just as easily blame your husbandry for the problems. You normally get anywhere from an hour to a day to notify them of any issues, or suspected issues. After that it's your responsibility. Out of a sac of 1,000 slings from a geniculata, they're not all going to make it to adult for a variety of reasons; things like bad sheds, internal malfunctions, etc. Genic slings are cheap, you should get 5+ to ensure a female.

Imortalis

Arachnopeon
A number of factors could interfere with feeding habits. Factors such as stress, correct husbandry, molt cycle, and age.

But, yes, all Ts are individuals and some have a more voracious appetite than others regardless of species. I would re-evaluate all of these aspects to come up with an answer. And I would offer them food only once or twice a week. If they refuse try again thefollowing week.

You won't be getting a refund this long after ordering them so I would just use common sense and monitor them.

Spaceblues

Arachnopeon
Pretty sure the OP was just making a funny and isn't really expecting a refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HungryGhost

Arachnoknight
How about photos of the T's and your set up. Maybe you didn't get what you thought you did.

Ashton

Arachnoknight
My slings actually eat about once every week and a half to two weeks. When they do eat I don't offer food for about three to four days and the cycle starts all over again.

awiec

Arachnoprince
My slings actually eat about once every week and a half to two weeks. When they do eat I don't offer food for about three to four days and the cycle starts all over again.
That sounds very reasonable (the spiders refusing food that is), if they are fed well then they don't feel the need to eat all the time. Offering food every day probably freaks them out a little. I feed once a week and my spiders know what time it is, they get ready and then spring upon what is offered, sometimes it's my tweezers.

Last edited:

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
every...single...day??? yea.. uhm.. we say voracious.. not ridiculous... when we say garbage disposals we dont lieterally mean they shove anything and everything down their throat.. dont like them? i have a few cups ready for new T's ;)

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Keep that in mind with every post you see. There's one OP, and hundreds or thousands of others in on the conversation. The audience needs to walk away with the right info.
And sometimes the "audience" just needs to walk away...