Mating?

TarantulaObsession

Arachnosquire
I recently got a new G. Rosea and I thought I'd try to encourage my MM to make a sperm web for her. I put them both on the floor so they could meet and of course, I was monitoring them very closely. I was highly intrigued by my MMs behavior, he followed the web she laid down and he started stomping and pulsating. The female wasn't being very defensive, she was actually quite submissive and next thing I know, they're mating. They both made a quick and safe retreat. It was a very laid back and easy session.
However, it was completely unintentional. My MM is quite old and I doubt he's recently made a sperm web which is why I thought meeting a MF would encourage him to do so.
Would he mate if his palps weren't loaded? If so, how long should I wait before trying again?
Thanks in advance.

tarantulashack

Arachnopeon
ive had a successful breeding with an older mm a. avicularia I thought he would be to old to be fertile but I ended up getting 88 slings out of the deal and I never saw him make a sperm web. I guess it depends on how old your male is. best of luck to you.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
If he loaded his palps at some point in time, she is likely gravid. No matter how long ago it was, the sperm is usually good until it is used. If she is gravid now she will probably be aggressive towards him if you try pairing again.

TarantulaObsession

Arachnosquire
If he loaded his palps at some point in time, she is likely gravid. No matter how long ago it was, the sperm is usually good until it is used. If she is gravid now she will probably be aggressive towards him if you try pairing again.
Hm.. I didn't know that. I figured after a few days, the sperm would no longer be good and he'd dispose of it somehow but that's wonderful to know!^~^
I actually read that if she is gravid, they would have absolutely no interest in one another so, I put them together again and they completely avoided each other.
She's been webbing a lot lately and blocking off the entrances to her hideaway so, I take that as a very good sign!
Thank you for replying c: