Vials to deli cups rehousing video

Sam_Peanuts

Arachnobaron
I've made a video of myself rehousing 4 OBTs out of their vials and into a deli cup to show the technique I personally use and to show to those who have never done it how easy it can be.

It works pretty well in my opinion since they tend to go straight into the deli cup, but the video does show that it isn't always the case, but it's still fairly straightforward.

If you guys have suggestions on how to make it better or observations, I'd love to hear about it, especially since I have 15 others to rehouse in the near future so I'll have plenty of opportunities to test things.

One other thing I need to mention is that the 4th rehousing in the video is of an OBT that was really soon after molting. I noticed it only after I had removed all of her webbing and the tongs were already in there(in hindsight, I should have known a lot sooner) so I decided to proceed anyway, but it's not something I would normally do or would recommend at all. With that said, the little guy is perfectly fine and has already eaten twice since.

The first one isn't at a very good angle, but that's fixed for the other 3.

[YOUTUBE]5gMm1VGZIUw[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

louise f

Arachnoangel
Hi.

great video. it is good to see someone actually take it easy on the OBT.
I have seen so many people getting scared of them when they are about to rehouse them. it is a shame. it is a really nice spider.
i hope people will use your way to rehouse. it is a good way to do it. :)