Haplopelma ?

tarantulashack

Arachnopeon
About 2 years ago I purchased this tarantula at a pet store. they had absolutely no idea what kind it was and they didn't even know they had it. I brought it to the counter and they guy kept tapping on the cage and she was going nuts! threat pose, venom dripping from her fangs, but long story short I got her for the price of a g rosea and all I was told was its a bird eater. she about 6 and a half - 7 inches doesn't show her threat pose anymore. she has tiger striping on her abdomen and she is beautiful!.... just curious to know what everyone else thinks she might be. I know picture identity isn't worth squat but any opinions would be great! shes in a 10 gallon tank half substrate dry half wet with her hide.

Attachments

gobey

Arachnoknight
Wow she's cool looking! Is she near a molt? That rump looks like it's filling in with that dark black color ir pre molt.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
It's a Haplopelma. There's several similar-looking w/c species from SE Asia being imported as adults. Do a search for previous threads on it.

tarantulashack

Arachnopeon
she molted bout 6 months ago molted twice since ive had her shes absolutely stunning after a molt very dark with the brown tiger like marks on abdomen.

louise f

Arachnoangel
she is so nice.
my guess would be haplopelma vonwirthi. but i am not 100% sure.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
she is so nice.
my guess would be haplopelma vonwirthi. but i am not 100% sure.
There's a couple other similar Haplopelmas, and an occasional thread has gone into details on the differences before (they're subtle).

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm no expert but she looks just like the female minax I had years ago but it's like poec says there are a few very similar. She's beautiful no matter what she is