X.immanis finally laid her sac!

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
I've been waiting months for my X.immanis to throw her sac,and she finally did. It took her 3 days to make the sac,and it's very thick walled. Now if it doesn't get eaten,be infertile,get moldy,ect.,ect. I will have some babies. Here's a pic of her finishing it,she hasn't quite finished in the pic,but it's done now.The sub looks a little dry,but that was because I didn't water her cage while she was making the sac.The waterbowl will not be refilled until I pull the sac.My T room is being kept dimly lit and as quiet as possible,no visitors! I got some great advice from one of the few people who have bred them,thanks,man,you know who you are! So,I have 30 days of anxiety in front of me before I pull.They should be ewls or close to it. 004.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nice job, but no one really wants this species, you would have been better off breeding a Rose Hair! :clown:

Good luck man, I hope you hatch out some EWLs. What's their sac size usually turn out to be??

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
Nice job, but no one really wants this species, you would have been better off breeding a Rose Hair! :clown:

Good luck man, I hope you hatch out some EWLs. What's their sac size usually turn out to be??
I could only find a couple of breeding reports,but believe they fall between 35 and 100 for the most part.They can lay more,probably,but 100 healthy slings seems the upper limit. One guy had a total of 1 survive,lol. Another had 97. My girl is big,in excess of 7" and her booty was huge before she laid,so I hoping for a good sac.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I could only find a couple of breeding reports,but believe they fall between 35 and 100 for the most part.They can lay more,probably,but 100 healthy slings seems the upper limit. One guy had a total of 1 survive,lol. Another had 97. My girl is big,in excess of 7" and her booty was huge before she laid,so I hoping for a good sac.
Man, good luck!!! 35 really, wow. I would have thought they might be north of 200. They are beautiful that's for sure. Thanks for the info!!!

-=}GA']['OR{=-

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice job Shawn! Just getting them to drop is a feat in and of itself! Keep her dark, warm, and quiet. Such a great genus, long lived, hardy, good eaters, always out, and beautiful.

---------- Post added 02-01-2015 at 06:11 AM ----------

Man, good luck!!! 35 really, wow. I would have thought they might be north of 200. They are beautiful that's for sure. Thanks for the info!!!
They are similar to theraphosa in regards to offspring. They have around 100 large spiderlings. They are around 3/4" at 2i, which is great because they can take large prey.

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
I don't want to keep bothering her by taking pics,so I won't post a pic until I pull it,but the sac is easily the size of a golf ball!

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
Update:I pulled on day 30,I got 111 eggs,11 of which were black.I set them up in an incubator,and have been pulling bad eggs out every day for 5 days.Tonight I found 7 EWLs,and I have about 40+ eggs to go.I'll know more tomorrow,but the breeding was a success! Pics tomorrow.

horanjp

Arachnosquire
Good job! Will be attempting this some day as well...thank you for sharing, please continue to do so!

Mindibun

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Make sure you put some info in the breeding reports section. We need more info on these guys.