Sexing U. mordax?

SoHum

Arachnopeon
Howdy all, I was out on the property looking for free scorpion food, found a rotten old stack of plywood scraps, and ironically, I didn't find much in the stack food-wise, I found 4 more mordax. :p

One of them is so fat it can only be gravid as far as I know, so it's probably female. It's pretty consistent in size with all the other adult mordax I've seen, the other is 20% bigger in basically all dimensions. It's also very un-mordax-like in behavior: very, very stingy. By the time I got it in and rehoused, as soon as it's feet touched bark it turned to face me in defence position, raised its chela, stung the air three times in my direction, and went to look for a hide. How funny. It looks just like the rest coloration wise.

Anyway. I'd like to find out if I have any other eligible pairs for mating but I have no clue how to sex these, aside from one having a longer, more cigar shaped body, they all have the same shaped chela, there seems to be some minor variation in the metasoma and size of the telson. If I need to count pectines, I'll need to know what that means, haha, I'm still learning about the finer points of scorpion anatomy.

It's too dark for any cameras I have to be of any use, I'll have to take pics in the morning. Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added 01-31-2015 at 08:25 PM ----------

Oh, found an old post by Mr. Mordax. Apparently females are glossy and males are more of a matte finish. Which means I have 1.4.1.