Top Soil

eldondominicano

Arachnobaron
Hello all,

Please help me in giving me some good brands on top soil. I currently am using Scotts premium top soil because that is all I can get here in the booney's. Any recommendations? Thought?

Thanks,

Rafael

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
The only substrate I use is bagged top soil, the cheap stuff at Home Depot. In Florida it's sold under the Timberline brand. Probably varies throughout the country. Much cheaper than cocofiber (which I hate), and much more natural (very few animals live under falling coconuts).

eldondominicano

Arachnobaron
The only substrate I use is bagged top soil, the cheap stuff at Home Depot. In Florida it's sold under the Timberline brand. Probably varies throughout the country. Much cheaper than cocofiber (which I hate), and much more natural (very few animals live under falling coconuts).
Haha this is true... I get mine at lowes at 2.69 a bag. My biggest concern with these bagged top soils is that they comment in the ingredients that there could be compost....? LOL isnt Topsoil exactly what it's advertised as? Simply soil shoveled off the surface of the ground.. I have had issues with going with "organic" product, only to have to rehouse my spiders due to gnats.