Under Shelv Lighting for my T's Acrylic Tanks -Help-

AndrewBiddar

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Anyone know a good undershev lighting? my enclosures are 10x10x12 and there is about 10 inches untill top of shev im looking for some nice lights to have to display my beautiful collection any recommendations and maybe some pictures of how it looks if necessary

Scroggdogg777

Arachnosquire
I like seagull under cabinet lighting. Just go to google and type in seagull under cabinet lighting. It looks really good and you can by LED bulbs for it to so it doesn't get to hot and milk the bank. It is rather pricey up front and you have to have a transformer for it. I don't know if this shelf is stationary or not, but if you looking for something a little cheaper than puck lights or maybe some 2ft fluorescents would work.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
personally i think it depends on what your looking to do price wise iv used those outside lights like this to light up diy tanks like leopard geckos in an old consol tv this one to brighten it up for me to see them. this ofcourse depends on what your using.. i thought about taking the same path with my personal shelvs as at this time i use a plastic shelving unit from walmart, was going to slightly cut a groove for it to sit in [watch what you buy some are larger in diameter then others] and use it for displaying them... but im back and forth... but you can always buy normal leg sets and go that rout like scrogg said. or just use t8 bulbs even.. depends what you like and how you like it.. id play with some ideas first.

sublimejimbob

Arachnopeon
I use these ikea dioders on my T shelving and they are great, although a little pricey.

xTimx

Arachnoknight
I went out and bought some "LED Pot lights" from Home depot. for about 60$ they come in a set of 3 and you can also daisy chain an additional light. for 60$ i bought 2 sets of 3 and 2 additional singles.

OR..... you can go onto Amazon and just get some LED light strips for really cheap! and you can choose between warm white and cool white.

spiderpilot

Arachnopeon
Can get 4 puck lights that are rated pretty well off amazon for like $23 if you want the remote control to control intensity and few other things. Im curious what you ended up using? Since this post is older.