Hard choice to make.

Mariner1

Arachnosquire
I am picking up a few more Ts tomorrow. E. murinus and H. himalayana. :eek: Need help deciding which Avic. to get. Here are the choices.

A. diversipes

A. metallica

A. versicolor.

Ready, set, go!:biggrin:

cold blood

Staff member
Get all three.
Surprise surprise...hehe. My first thought as well, I must admit.

1. versicolor. Beautiful from sling to adult with beautiful color changes along the way. An absolute hobby classic for good reason. Great eaters and webbers as well.

2. diversipes. Slings and juvies are some of the best looking t's anywhere. A little more defensive as well. Their downfalls are (often) significantly higher cost and their adult colors, which ain't much unless you really like the color brown.

3. metallica. They are basically a dime a dozen, can be had as cheap or cheaper than any other avic. Their abundance and consistent ease of availability is either a great starting point, or a good reason to wait on them and get something a little less common, depending on your thought process. They are nice looking t's, though.

There are times where versicolors seem to disappear (like last fall/winter), right now they are everywhere and pretty cheap as a result, I'd take advantage, personally. If you can swing a diversipes, the cost would likely be the same or less for a versi AND a metallica....or you could get 2 or 3 versicolor OR 3 or 4 metallica for the price of one diversipes. Just food for thought.:)

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Diversipes actually maintains some nice colors as adults, they're just mixed in with plain colors. They're the fastest growing of that group (above) with males maturing in a year. Metallica is a beautiful blue color, especially recently molted.

cold blood

Staff member
Diversipes actually maintains some nice colors as adults, they're just mixed in with plain colors. They're the fastest growing of that group (above) with males maturing in a year. Metallica is a beautiful blue color, especially recently molted.
I musta seen some duds;) I do like the diversipes, none-the-less.

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Go with a Versi Great colors and good disposition.

Graeboe

Arachnoknight
Idk Id go with the diversipes. At least from my side they are harder to find. But I have both metallica and versicolor and they are incredible as well.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you go with the versicolor, I'd recommend getting a specimen no smaller than 3/4 of an inch. I personally have had bad luck with slings smaller then that, even with adequate ventilation.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Versicolor is the best choice. I love my avics, but there is nothing like a versicolor!

---------- Post added 02-06-2015 at 08:33 PM ----------

Have fun try to find versicolor right now. There is hardly any on the market right now.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
lol id love to say all three lmao but i personally am more fond of a versi, love the color mixture of the two and as well as how its not a all blue and green T i love how the versi has the red hue thruout the entire body to me its not something you see everyday in a T, sure you have a few dif colours going on as well as a slight red on them. but the complete red is just atractive to me. im debating on getting a J-AF. myself because they are just that amazing to me lmao ^_^

awiec

Arachnoprince
If you can find them, then a versi is an excellent choice. I got mine at 1/2 inch and it has been a very hardy spider if proper ventilation is given and if you plan to breed they are always in demand.

Medusa

Arachnoknight
If you go with the versicolor, I'd recommend getting a specimen no smaller than 3/4 of an inch. I personally have had bad luck with slings smaller then that, even with adequate ventilation.
Me, too. [emoji22] No problems with other Avics.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Me, too. [emoji22] No problems with other Avics.
My only T death was a .5" A. versicolor. I ordered two, one died the morning after delivery and the other is still thriving and nearly two inches in size currently.

I'd go with versicolor first, because I prefer the adult coloration to diversipes coloration. But the diversipes is on my wish list for sure, so I don't think you can go wrong at all. And A. metallica is also a great choice.

Whatever you choose, you're gonna get an awesome spider. Avics are wonderful!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I am picking up a few more Ts tomorrow. E. murinus and H. himalayana. :eek: Need help deciding which Avic. to get. Here are the choices.

A. diversipes

A. metallica

A. versicolor.

Ready, set, go!:biggrin:

1. Metallica for their mellow disposition, large size, and their poofy looks.

Versi for the outrageous blue sling color and the amazing change of color they go through in becoming adults

Divers- equally as amazing as slings for color, perhaps one of the best of all Ts for sling color, Sadly, colors are not maintained nearly as well into adulthood.

Last edited:

MrSleep

Arachnopeon
I would pick A. Metallica myself and actually plan on getting a few as my next Ts. My LPS had two A. Diversipes slings in stock, but at $40 each for .5" unsexed, I can't justify the purchase to the wife. I can however get 4 or 5 Metallica slings for the price of one diversipes so that is probably going to be the route I take. Plus the fact they are gorgeous adults helped out the situation.

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
Gotta agree with Poec54 - get all three. A variety of Avics can add so much color to your collection. :D

Though if you have to pick one...I'd say go for either the A. metallica or the A. versi.

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
I would say get the A. diversipes! that's just me though.

EDIT: lol didn't realize you already posted what you got..... nice choices! congrats!:)

Mariner1

Arachnosquire
psst we can see some of your prices ;)
Dammit Jim! I was going to take pictures of the enclosures themselves, but the Ts are all hiding when I open the lid. Oh well, I still got a hell of a deal on these guys due to Jerry giving me an awesome deal.