What could I house here?

los3r

Arachnosquire
So I have this 11x6x6 acrylic container that my pterinochilus murinus came with, and since he\she's been rehomed, I've been wondering if I could keep anything in there? Here's a picture

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
tbh id think any small arboreal would be ok in there. or juvie arboreal. maybe a juvie avic, psalm or even poec. but based off of the dam i wouldnt go too insane on it. as it cant be put on its side well i also woudlnt go with a scorp in there im sure its too small for a mantis as well

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
Hmmm.. a pair or R.junceus or some smaller arboreal scorpion would do fine in there. Just reinforce the opening and vents, check for possible escape routes first. An Avic braunshauseni can also do since they're smaller than most Avics.

los3r

Arachnosquire
I like the look of the Avicularia minatrix. Looks like the hard part will be finding one :D

---------- Post added 02-09-2015 at 11:45 PM ----------

Hmmm.. a pair or R.junceus or some smaller arboreal scorpion would do fine in there. Just reinforce the opening and vents, check for possible escape routes first. An Avic braunshauseni can also do since they're smaller than most Avics.
I hadn't even thought of an arboreal scorpion. The R.junceus are kind of neat looking. I thought the braunshauseni got pretty big?

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
erm.. if im not mistaken braunshaunseni are actually larger? after all its the "Goliath pink toe" but good call on reinforcements i was goin more for "as is" ^_^

---------- Post added 02-10-2015 at 03:52 AM ----------

I like the look of the Avicularia minatrix. Looks like the hard part will be finding one :D

I hadn't even thought of an arboreal scorpion. The R.junceus are kind of neat looking. I thought the braunshauseni got pretty big?
i think minatrix would work well in there!

los3r

Arachnosquire
The more I look at the minatrix, the more I like it. :D Also, how would I go about reinforcing the vents?

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
erm.. if im not mistaken braunshaunseni are actually larger? after all its the "Goliath pink toe" but good call on reinforcements i was goin more for "as is" ^_^

---------- Post added 02-10-2015 at 03:52 AM ----------

i think minatrix would work well in there!
Hmmm.. aren't they the 3" avic species? hahaha i sincerely apologize if there was a mix up then. Will look it up wait lol

---------- Post added 02-10-2015 at 11:05 AM ----------

Oh yeah i was thinking of the A.minatrix LOL sorry to tangle you guys in the confusion as well hahahaha

los3r

Arachnosquire
You've added the braunshauseni to my wish list. I'm running out of room in my bedroom x)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
You've added the braunshauseni to my wish list. I'm running out of room in my bedroom x)
haha braunshaun was on my list before i knew what a versi was o_O amazing sp. seen a few lol but when tounge said "small" i was like " hah hes crazy" lol all great sp's tho

---------- Post added 02-10-2015 at 07:49 AM ----------

Hmmm.. aren't they the 3" avic species? hahaha i sincerely apologize if there was a mix up then. Will look it up wait lol

---------- Post added 02-10-2015 at 11:05 AM ----------

Oh yeah i was thinking of the A.minatrix LOL sorry to tangle you guys in the confusion as well hahahaha
lol yea there ya go now your right in the head ;) must have taken a tail to the head today huh? lmao

los3r

Arachnosquire
I swear, every time I go through posts, something else gets added to my wish list.

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
its all your fault your going arachnoheck!!..lol... well get your pasport youl be in the US by dusk tomorrow ;P LMAO
Wahahaha!! Well I am a dual U.S. citizen so that's not too far off to happen :p

What have you decided to put, anyways?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Goliath Pink Toes are LARGE!! they are not dwarfs. It's minatrix that is small. I have both. Minatrix would be perfect for that container! Though I doubt it would use the entire container.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
So I have this 11x6x6 acrylic container that my pterinochilus murinus came with, and since he\she's been rehomed, I've been wondering if I could keep anything in there?
So? Be a shame for that enclosure to remain empty too long -- who is the lucky new occupant?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Had to google that one -- nice looking Ts.

They are the only Avic species that maintains the black/orange/red tiger abdominal bars into adulthood. They are also the smallest Avic too. They are a great species, my female is very fun to watch, and the other one I have seems slightly more skittish, but perhaps that will change once it outgrows its slingy nature ;)

los3r

Arachnosquire
Next reptile super show in pomona is in august. Hopefully I'll find one before then and if not maybe I'll get lucky and find one then X)