n chromatus

Psingletongolf

Arachnopeon
What would be the optimal dimensions for a tank for theese beautiful creatures. Thinking I may pick up an adult female with my order depending on if I can find room for the tank. Let me know

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
tbh i think this depends who you ask i myself usually say go big or go home... dont believe me? i just released a ~3.5 P. camb in a 12x12x12 before i left the house as shes a busy bum and outgrew the 32oz [and it cost me as much as an 8x8x8].. as for the nhadu tho.. id say 5.5-10g but thats just me, some keep them in 6qt tubs, some say 5.5 is huge. but if shes 5-6in 5.5-10 i say it seems fine for a T of appropriate size and activity level [woudlnt put a typical rosea in a 20g thats for sure. but in my house if active enough a nhadu might]

myself. as my nhadu grows.. shell get an appropriate sized a 10g most likely will be her home. but thats just me. i personally think if the T is an active individual, give them more space. i hate the idea of a lp in a 28-40qt tub but hey thats just me id prefer 3x-4x dsl as aposed to 2x-3x

Psingletongolf

Arachnopeon
What is that in inches. I don't know them by gallons. Everything I build / purchase are in inches. Joys of acrylic up here. Thanks

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
What is that in inches. I don't know them by gallons. Everything I build / purchase are in inches. Joys of acrylic up here. Thanks
oh dur ontario XD 50.8 x 27.9 x 33.0 is the conversion of a 10gal in cm ;) 20" x 11" x 13" l/w/h but ofc the height is a thing that can be lessened tho ;P i prefer to use premade myself as acrylic scratches too easy

Psingletongolf

Arachnopeon
oh dur ontario XD 50.8 x 27.9 x 33.0 is the conversion of a 10gal in cm ;) 20" x 11" x 13" l/w/h but ofc the height is a thing that can be lessened tho ;P i prefer to use premade myself as acrylic scratches too easy
So an 18x18 x whatever tall would work

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Id say so personally its pretty big imo :) [have a 18*18*18 and seems large imo unless you have a massive fem]

Last edited:

Psingletongolf

Arachnopeon
Id say so personally its pretty big imo :) [have a 18*18*18 and seems large imo unless you have a massive fem]
Perfect thank you so much. I have a 18x18x12 for my one obt so why not put one beside her. The shelf is 18 inches deep anyways

cold blood

Staff member
N. chromatus get pretty large, a female can be expected to be in the 7" range. They are quick, like to burrow and re-arrange the landscape....I would give them a little more room if you can.

---------- Post added 02-09-2015 at 09:55 AM ----------

Imo 18 is huge for a T (excluding "bird eaters" ofcourse)
Bird eaters, yet another term I'd love to see go away...anyway N. chromatus is commonly called the white striped bird eater, so I suppose they would qualify for that bigger enclosure.;)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
N. chromatus get pretty large, a female can be expected to be in the 7" range. They are quick, like to burrow and re-arrange the landscape....I would give them a little more room if you can.

---------- Post added 02-09-2015 at 09:55 AM ----------

Bird eaters, yet another term I'd love to see go away...anyway N. chromatus is commonly called the white striped bird eater, so I suppose they would qualify for that bigger enclosure.;)
Haha good point tho iv never heard itcalled that, iv seen "southern giant stripe knee" which made me laugh.. I was gna say "lasi or therasp.." but for the life of me i cant think how to spell the bame of that family xD (a sign i shouldnt own one huh haha) but indeed go bigger if you can.knowing her size may mean means differance of a 18*18 and a 8*18 huh? Largest iv seen is a 6" fem but thats still pretty large for a T