On side after molt

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Like I posted in another thread, my a genic just finished molting and I lightly bumped the table which made here spring up! She calmed down and had rolled back onto her side. Since she just molted, I fear that she will malform sitting on one side as she hardens... Should I be worried? Again I'm a huge worry wart!

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thank goodness... Tho, zombie tarantulas sounds like an awesome b rated horror movie to me!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
T's that molt on their sides become zombies and will seek human brains...
:
If that's the case I'm sure I would survive a tarantula zombie Apocalypse! Lol!
No worries they have to roll on there side to right themselves anyways...

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just being over protective t mom I guess... She has just been on her side for so long... Lol

Last edited:

shelpen

Arachnosquire
:)
One time I found one of my freshly molted T on its side and with all the legs curled.... I totally (I mean TOTALLY!) freaked.
Well, long story short she was cleaning herself and checking if everything works I guess...
:D

annanlove19

Arachnosquire
:)
One time I found one of my freshly molted T on its side and with all the legs curled.... I totally (I mean TOTALLY!) freaked.
Well, long story short she was cleaning herself and checking if everything works I guess...
:D
CLEANING AFTER A MOLT IS SO TERRIFYING asdkf;jasdlkfj;askdf

cold blood

Staff member
CLEANING AFTER A MOLT IS SO TERRIFYING asdkf;jasdlkfj;askdf
With cleaning being so darn easy to accomplish during the pre-molt period, why on earth would you wait until after its molted and at its most aggressive to do cleaning? Its all about timing, and waiting until its on its post molt rampage is generally not the best time.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Are you sure she didn't mean the spider cleaning itself and not cage maintenance? I suppose she can clarify, but in context with the post before hers, that's what I assumed...

cold blood

Staff member
Are you sure she didn't mean the spider cleaning itself and not cage maintenance? I suppose she can clarify, but in context with the post before hers, that's what I assumed...
Why would the t cleaning its self be "so terrifying"....that doesn't make sense in my brain.

I dunno Tim, maybe you saw it correctly?

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Again, she'll have to speak up, but I took it as seeing them contort to clean themselves after a moult as being a tense moment for her. "Death curl or cleaning?"
But it could go either way. Shoot, maybe she is afraid of taking a shower after a spider moults. Or dusting and vacuuming. ;)

What say you, Annalove?

shelpen

Arachnosquire
Laughed my spinnerets off! :D

The T was cleaning. In a [what seemed to me] death curl.