• Yes!

Votes: 35 71.4%
  • No!

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters

JPost

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just curious to how many of you keep the molted skin and how many trash it? I keep mine since they make pretty good 'scare' objects. Plus I like to keep track of growth! :)

Angelo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
JPost said:
Just curious to how many of you keep the molted skin and how many trash it? I keep mine since they make pretty good 'scare' objects. Plus I like to keep track of growth! :)
EXACTLY :D :D {D

JJJoshua

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just started keeping ALL mine, I'm up to about five now. Mostly from my B.smithis

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think I even have one from second grade.

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i want to, but my Ts aren't nice enough to leave me a shed perfectly intact

ask your thread's question to those who have been circumcised ;P

Ker

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In my household, molted skins are taken by the kids for show and tell or playground terrorizing at school. I have yet to get one that I was allowed to keep, but its for a good cause so I dont mind.

eksong

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How do you preserve your skins? By the time I remove a molt from a container, all that remains is a legless skeleton =[

Zoo Keeper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You have to get it right after they molt, when they are still soft. I put them in little shadow boxes, and tape the sides closed. as long as you don' t throw it around too much, they last a long time. I give them to kids all the time, they love them, and most af there parents like it because it is not alive. just make sure to tell them not to open the box, because it will fall apart.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Zoo Keeper said:
You have to get it right after they molt, when they are still soft. I put them in little shadow boxes, and tape the sides closed. as long as you don' t throw it around too much, they last a long time. I give them to kids all the time, they love them, and most af there parents like it because it is not alive. just make sure to tell them not to open the box, because it will fall apart.
yeal i do the same, i even keep a dead 1" rosey.

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
cant you put acrilyc on the shed to keep it hard and even position it?

Zombie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I spray my molts with isopropyl alcohol if the molt has been sitting for awhile and has hardened. The alcohol will soften the molt and then you can position it however you desire.
Speaking of skins, a joke:

A doctor who specializes in circumcisions is sitting in his office one day. He is looking around and his gaze settles on a bucket of discarded foreskins that, for a reason he has forgotten, has kept for the past 20 years.
A lightbulb goes off in his head, he grabs the bucket and drives over to his tailor and tells him to make something out of them.
The doctor goes back a week later and the tailor hands him a wallet.
"What the hell is this?" asks the doctor.
"It's a wallet."
"There were at least 5000 foreskins in that bucket, this is all you could make?"
"Well yeah. But if you show it a picture of Janeane Garafalo* it turns into a briefcase!"

*Feel free to use whomever you believe to be the hottest woman on the planet.

Eric
www.e-spiderworld.com

Last edited:

ddale

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How about...

If one could preserve them with some sort of spray-on sealant and position them on a board after each molt, one could create a Taratula Timeline. Hmmm....sounds like a great project.

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I keep the skins occasionally.

Most of the times on the speceis I want to remember if something were to happen to them.

Betty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I keep them until they fall apart. I'm guilty of pinning them on the walls in random locations throughout my place. :p

For my T. blondi shed, I stuffed the abdomen and posed her so she looks like she's rearing up to strike. Very cool! :D

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I keep all of mine, in order to have a record of my t's growth. The smaller ones I just put in empty 35mm film tubes, and label the species and date molted.