M. balfouri not responding ??? Need help!!!

Mystery33

Arachnopeon
I purchased this 2 in M balfouri two weeks ago ! When it arrived the heat pak was cold and the tissue Was cold also! Cold enough for the T not to move at all when I unrolled the tissue! Now I know the heat paks will loose a little heat but it was just plain cold along with the tissue inside the vial. I has to literally remove the T from the tissue with my fingers! Now I did contact seller and notify them! I was advised that they had been having trouble with the heat paks not initating heat or weren't stay hot long enough as advised on the package. I was advised that this had happened to a customer before me! I noticed that the T would not move or wasn't acting normal. I moved the T to its enclosure with dry substrate and a small water bowl and constant temp around 75-80! The T did not eat really did not move Unless I moved it with a cotton swab or my finger . Well today my brother came over to see all my Ts and when I got to the Balfouri it didn't move the legs are curled under but not completely! I tried to mover t so he could see it and no response. So I picked it up and noticed no response. I tried ICU and nothing ! So MY QUESTION Is am I at fault or is this a seller fault! I'm to putting names on here ! I don't Want to blame anyone I just want some input on how to handle this!

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
U said u tried an icu..but u just put it in their earlier? They dont work right away maybe make her drink or wiel in icu put her mouth in water

14pokies

Arachnoprince
If I knew there we're problems with the heatpack I would refund the cost of the T.
The T did make it 2 weeks so its hard to say he owes you a refund.. This could be a tough one for you guys to figure out..
Give the seller every opportunity to make the situation right if you feel you were wronged, and try to understand his side of things before you leave a negative review...
Your sure the T is gone?

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
If I knew there we're problems with the heatpack I would refund the cost of the T.
The T did make it 2 weeks so its hard to say he owes you a refund.. This could be a tough one for you guys to figure out..
Give the seller every opportunity to make the situation right if you feel you were wronged, and try to understand his side of things before you leave a negative review...
Your sure the T is gone?
100%agree technicly if the T wont move in 24 hrs id flip $#!&..unless otherwise stated on a lag like "7 day healthy animal guarantee." the seller by no means owes u.. Especially if you didnt settle in 24hrs. If its been 2weeks it is very possibley (they see it as) your fault it curled not theirs

I had a similar situation onthe heatpack i let my seller know within 10mins of signing for the package as one animal was sluggish and wasnt fairing well.this particular seller did have a 7 day guarentee. He extended it to 2weeks for me.. However this particular animal lived and after sitting in my room for a few hrs was a fiesty little guy.

But i had a sellers packer once forgwt to tape down an ice pack and it shifted and landed on a T vial making it super cold and freezing water got in the vial.. The T was unresponsive and i also needed to peel itout of the paper towel... Inthis instant i let him know just as soon and he appologized and gave me in store credit for the inconvinience and offered to ship a replacment out with half price shipping if it didnt make it...

In these cases i notified within their time period for doa (actually used a picof temp gun for bad heatpack with phone showing date and time incase they tried to say was my fault) as if telling them the next day technically makes it null and void

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Well...since he did acknowledge that there had been a problem with a batch of heat-packs, I think he should at least give you partial credit. It would really be in his best interest to do so. Obviously, if it was unresponsive upon arrival, that was a factor in it not surviving. But in the future, always contact the seller immediately. You may or may not get re-compensated, as the seller is not under any obligation at this point, even if the fault lies entirely upon his shoulders. But as I said, it would be a good-will gesture on his part, and that can go a long ways in terms of future business. If he satisfies you, give him a decent review for that, I guess, if you decide to place a review. Things happen, and it is often how they are resolved that makes or breaks the transaction, IMO. Really, if he was aware there could be a problem, he probably should not have used any of the packs he had on hand, so he does bear some responsibility.

Mystery33

Arachnopeon
I sat just the mouth in water. And I put the temp up to 82. The T is still in the ICU. I will wait and see. I failed to mention also that when I received the T the abdomen was tilted to one side and kept it that way which was odd to me but I don't know. I'm not positively sure but I'm thinking the low temp for the night was around 40-45. It was a 2 day Lag that we agreed on, and it did arrive on time.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I sat just the mouth in water. And I put the temp up to 82. The T is still in the ICU. I will wait and see. I failed to mention also that when I received the T the abdomen was tilted to one side and kept it that way which was odd to me but I don't know. I'm not positively sure but I'm thinking the low temp for the night was around 40-45. It was a 2 day Lag that we agreed on, and it did arrive on time.
Tilt? Can u get a pic?

tbrandt

Arachnosquire
If what you said is true - 2-Day Live Arrival Guarantee and the package arrived on time, then the seller has technically complied with the stipulations of most LAG agreements and could probably get out of any kind of restitution. Most of the time, there aren't too many contingency details spelled out, aside from a window of time during which the receiver is responsible for contacting the seller with any issue within a specified period of time from having received their package.

However, philosophically, the idea of a LAG implies that the seller is going to ship the package in such a way that will provide an environment capable of keeping the contents alive AND well during the short transit time. The fact that the seller acknowledged that their system of packing, specifically their heat pack set up, had caused problems with a previous customer is the same as acknowledging that they have not upheld their agreement to provide that safe environment. Morally, I feel that they should replace this specimen in the event that it does not recover.

Hopefully, the seller would recognize that, their reputation in these transactions is at stake and that it is very important that when customers order from them, they not only have confidence that agreements will be honored, but also that every care will be taken to ensure that the package arrives with its contents safe and sound. Thats part of what paying the premium of the LAG is for in my opinion. Hopefully, this will also cause the seller to adjust their shipping methods before sending any more packages.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
The bent abdomen is raising a flag...that's the second Balfouri I have seen with that problem this week...did that spider come from Texas by any chance?

Mystery33

Arachnopeon
Thanks for all the input! Regardless of outcome I'm not gonna post a bad review because I honestly know she didnt do it purposely!

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Thanks for all the input! Regardless of outcome I'm not gonna post a bad review because I honestly know she didnt do it purposely!
No, but you didn't do anything wrong on purpose either.
You notified seller immediately and seller seemed to admit a fault in shipping conditions (not purposely done, but it occurred nonetheless).
How quickly does a T have to die to be covered? To me, it's worse if one is harmed in transit, fails to thrive, but takes a few weeks to finally die.
It doesn't mean it didn't get too cold during transit and that was real reason for death.
Has seller asked about the T at all? Are you in contact with seller? Was there follow/up?

Mystery33

Arachnopeon
Actually the person I bought it from had bought it from someone else! So actually I don't know where the T was born at!

---------- Post added 02-15-2015 at 02:21 PM ----------

The seller did ask about the T about a week ago! I have tried to contact seller with no response yet but I'll give it some time! Probably busy!

KcFerry

Arachnosquire
That Balfouri doesn't look to be dehydrated! I wouldn't try to make it drink right now, or be moving it around much either. I would just keep it in a warm place and not disturb it. The bent abdomen is indeed curious, but it looks rather plump and could be close to a molt. If it just got too cold, it could still recover if kept warm in a quiet place.
Has it moved at all today?

KcFerry

Arachnosquire
I would still give it a bit more time before I called it. I've seen T's recover after long periods of being seemingly lifeless.
M. balfouri are one of my favorite species and I find them quite hardy and resilient.
What a bummer! So sorry you have to go through this.:unhappy:

Mystery33

Arachnopeon
Well I stayed up most of the night for some sort of sign of life. I feel really bad for the T. But I still got it in ICU, just hoping I'll check in and it would be moving, I really don't want to pull the plug...

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Well I stayed up most of the night for some sort of sign of life. I feel really bad for the T. But I still got it in ICU, just hoping I'll check in and it would be moving, I really don't want to pull the plug...
Not to be disgusting, but until he starts stinking, you could leave him be and let nature take its course.
You stick him in the freezer and you probably have no chance of a refund/credit on him.
But only you know how much more stress you can take over the poor fellow.

---------- Post added 02-15-2015 at 04:58 PM ----------

Ugh, that sounded cold, it wasn't meant that way. The whole story is just sad.