Is hookah smoke is dangerous for the spider?

Kastet

Arachnopeon
Good day. In hookah bar want to install a terrarium with an adult female. The cage is located on the shelf in the wall, shelf located in the upper part of the wall.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I personally don't think it's worth the risk. Despite the fact that it's not as toxic as cigarette smoke, hookah smoke can still be deadly to invertebrates.

TsunamiSpike

Arachnosquire
Not to mention I'd say it's not the most ideal environment for an invert of any kind really.

Psingletongolf

Arachnopeon
I use one room in my apartment to smoke bongs. My t's and reptiles are in the other rooms of the apartment. Im sure if I put any of them at risk I would know very fast because my landlord would flip sheeeeet about smelling weed in the house.

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
Tobacco is a heavy insecticide I highly recommend not smoking that around them. As for anything else you maybe smoking just be mindful of what chemicals could be in it. Do not bake your t unless you have munchies for them. Lol seriously tho just don't over power them.

BossRoss

Arachnosquire
...Do not bake your t unless you have munchies for them. Lol ...
LOL!!!!!!!!!! You made my morning!
Smoke will almost always have a negative effect on animals, they don't like it and most try get away from it. My T room is a clean room, free from any and all sorts of smoke that is in other rooms of my apartment.

RegallRegius

Arachnosquire
I use one room in my apartment to smoke bongs. My t's and reptiles are in the other rooms of the apartment. Im sure if I put any of them at risk I would know very fast because my landlord would flip sheeeeet about smelling weed in the house.
.... and you posted that on a public forum..... LOL

louise f

Arachnoangel
You don't smoke near kids either. I think it is the same for tarantulas. NO SMOKING !!!

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
Two things, you smoke a water pipe anytime you want it's not illegal and I believe smoking weed is legal in Ontario, at least decriminalized.

Last edited:

Psingletongolf

Arachnopeon
Absolutely its not a secret. Hi I'm Patrick and I love to smoke weed haha.

---------- Post added 02-27-2015 at 09:18 AM ----------

Two things, you smoke a water pipe anytime you want it's not illegal and I believe smoking weed is legal in Ontario, at least decriminalized.
Correct "water pipes" are legal as they are sold as tobacco products. And weed is still illegal in all of Canada. However, the rules for it are much more relaxed. Under an OZ is a summary offence ( misdemeanor). Also most cops wont charge you for posession due to the lengthy court process and amount of paperwork to have it tested and so on. I can admit to smoking in public downtown Toronto. I'm not afriad of the cops, Canadas a different place. I know alot of the commissioners of the police are trying to make it into a ticket, likely a low fine $125 within Ontario.

Graeboe

Arachnoknight
Good day. In hookah bar want to install a terrarium with an adult female. The cage is located on the shelf in the wall, shelf located in the upper part of the wall.
Nicotine is a pesticide in essence. The only safe way would be if the tank has ventilation from somewhere other than the bar area. It would be a high risk that the smoke and fumes would cause harm to the t over time. Any animal set up in a hooka bar would be at the same risk.
If you can provide air supply or ventilation from elsewhere that doesn't expose the t, then you would be fine.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
So, basically, when people suggest you "chill" a fast defensive spider prior to re-housings, etc., they don't mean blow pot smoke in the tank to chill them?

I learn something new everyday.

Might cut down on the cricket consumption afterwards anyway -- talk about T munchies, sheeesh!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nicotine binds directly to your neuronal nicotinic receptors. When it binds you'd think your body becomes saturated and the channels would be down regulated, NOPE, they are upregulated making your body crave it more, and it is indeed a great pesticide. My friend makes how own pesticide and his secret ingredient is that.