P. murinus molt time

aggiegrad2012

Arachnopeon
So my P. murinus has been is the upside down position for about 30 hours now and I haven't seen any change in its position. So they normally take this long? I was going to give her a week before I even considered moving her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
What's the size of your specimen? I know they can take a long time, and don't move her on my account because I am not sure at all- but 30 hours doesn't sound right.

aggiegrad2012

Arachnopeon
Idk, I can't really tell due to the hide its in. The humidity is elevated in their too. Higher than I normally keep it too.

cold blood

Staff member
Idk, I can't really tell due to the hide its in.
So could it have molted and just not came back out yet? I had one recently stay hidden for an entire month...I could only speculate as to when it actually molted.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
+1 to cold, i dont have any pterror ;) but i know iv got tons who hide for over a month .. i had a sling emerge after 2 months and only reason i knew it molted was it was 4x bigger.. i later found 2 molts in its burrow -_-

Last edited:

aggiegrad2012

Arachnopeon
Well I can see the T, I just can't see anything that is happening. The legs are laying flat now, not up like before.