Bright blue balfouri

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
Who doesn't like alliteration in the am?

Anyway just wanted to let everyone see my bright blue m balfouri right after molt.

I will upload more later, found a feeder in her den so she needed to be moved.

Enjoy :) View attachment 134672

horanjp

Arachnosquire
+1 to the MM on first inspection....a better pic of those legs would clear that up....but pretty sure I see those blunted palpies

Wadew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well the pics of the spider in his new skin make it apparent that he is now ultimate! You need to find him a mature female!

-Wade

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
You need to unfold the ventral abdominal part of the exuvium for us to make accurate guesses on the sex (soak the exuvium in soap water, or alcohol, to make it soft then flatten the abdominal part of the exuvium so the anterior booklungs and epigastric furrow is vissible and flattened out), there is no way a exuvium could be examined if it's shrivelled up like that.. ultimate male m. Balfouri has bluish colouring on the legs that extends up onto the top of the femurs where the females have cream coloured femurs.. the blueish colouring on males are typically darker than females, especially on the carapace.. I think that is a mature male. Look at the palps, if there's visible emboli.. the palps of male Ts are more round whereas in females they have flatter footpads..

Nice T tough.. very beautiful

Last edited:

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've had enough so it's easy plus they're sexually dimorphic when the males mature.

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
Thanks everyone :) I'll get a picture of the molt stretched out. He does look to have big palps.