Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens post breeding

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These females were bred from Jan 1st-Jan 19th.
Pictures of the 3 out of the 4 that took
Current day pictures
Female 1

Female 2

Female 3

Female 2 and 3 were bred first. Four days ago female 1 and 3 were found wondering around the enclosure. They walked around for 3-4 days. I rehoused both yesterday, and kept female 2 in the same enclosure. Time will tell, but keeping my fingers crossed. Please do the same ;)

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Goodluck. Your girls look super gravid, but we know that doesn't mean crap. There's soooooo many issues with producing sacs.

I have six girls had seven, but the seventh is having seizures and the shakes. I'm very worried about her. I'm trying to save her.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Goodluck. Your girls look super gravid, but we know that doesn't mean crap. There's soooooo many issues with producing sacs.

I have six girls had seven, but the seventh is having seizures and the shakes. I'm very worried about her. I'm trying to save her.
Oh no man! What are you doing to try to revive her?

Also, I completely agree with so many variables that can cause a gravid girl to go wrong. My Avicularia "peru purple" that dropped a sac a month ago for example, when day 30 came, I pulled it, full of mites. :( couldn't save a single one. I was more than pissed.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
With there being so many variables that cab go wrong I'm even surprise we can produce good sacs. Aww man tru Peru purle. I haven't seen those in ages! :(

What we use to call DKS sysdrom is what she has. I'm guessing it's a chemical issue. The guy I got her from was going to kill her. And I want to try to fight this and document the whole procedure.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
With there being so many variables that cab go wrong I'm even surprise we can produce good sacs. Aww man tru Peru purle. I haven't seen those in ages! :(

What we use to call DKS sysdrom is what she has. I'm guessing it's a chemical issue. The guy I got her from was going to kill her. And I want to try to fight this and document the whole procedure.
Ah that's horrible? Wanted to kill her? How sad man. Best of luck with her, keep me updated.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
He's had "DKS" before and it spread. He just didn't want her to spread it to the rest of his collection. I think it's some sort of chemical. And i tried to tell him it doesn't spread. This is the third case in two years for him. I've actually never had it before. It seems to be a nerlogical disorder. I bet it enters their body by digestion or something they're breathing in.

Last edited:

horanjp

Arachnosquire
My 'dks' case was due to frontline flea/tick preventative on my hands that I then used to handle a Rosie. There's usually a smoking gun somewhere, but since she now belongs to you then you may never know for sure the cause. Best of luck to you, it's extremely hard to watch, I know. I euthanized her after a month or so of the horrible shakes...for mercy, not out of fear of spreading. 'Live' and learn....I wear gloves at all times now when working with my collection.
And good luck on your sacs! Gbb males often pay the ultimate price for love- those ladies really hate giving it up.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Anyway to post a phone video on ab?
I did a while back through photobucket, but for some reason, it would never work on here. I have vidoes of this species breeding as well, but cant find how to post them here.
I'd like to make this thread into the whole breeding discussion on my GBB's, but that would have to include videos too, IMO.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Me too. I have enough girls a day finally bought three mature males, so now I'm ready. My best friend's gbb ate a hissers and a mm within three hours. She's a beast!

---------- Post added 03-03-2015 at 02:34 PM ----------

I bought the gbb before we knew it had issues so I got this gentle beast instead! My brother held her for twenty minutes. I feel bad though because this was my buddy's first offspring of B smithi.

Attachments

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Me too. I have enough girls a day finally bought three mature males, so now I'm ready. My best friend's gbb ate a hissers and a mm within three hours. She's a beast!

---------- Post added 03-03-2015 at 02:34 PM ----------

I bought the gbb before we knew it had issues so I got this gentle giant instead!
LOL, they can be vicious for sure. Female #1 is huge, close to 7". She, all together, has eaten 5 or 6 males.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That a girl! You should be proud of her lol. Even if I get a sac out if the six I would be happy.

Austin do you have anymore sp. Tarapoto?

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haha, not proud, shes been bad. I'm hoping one out of the 3 will. Female #4 still wants nothing to do with my male.

Sadly, that tarapoto was my only one.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
holy cow 7"?! and here i thought and here i thought my girl whos last molt measured 5.66" was bulky i can only imagine that little abrams [tank]