my 1st gentle steps into another genus

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey guys
A few weeks back i asked other members what was missing from my collection and a few different genus came up
1 that came up often was Acanthoscurria in the form A genic, The problem is me being me i tend to go my own way and get something different..... Well I've gone and done it again only this time I've fallen for a A antillensis that I saw at a local reptile dealers. The major problem was the 1 I saw wasn't for sale ( cue the glum face) and for 10 days the A antillensis as been at the forefront of my mind.. I don't know about anywhere else but they are rare here in the uk well great news ive managed to locate a juvenile at a very reasonable price this morning so I'm as excited as a kid at Xmas at the 1st Acanthoscurria. I know it's not really the large A genic everybody suggested but hey it's a start and don't disrespect my little pink patch lol

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha. I hate having tarantula's on the brain... I forget everything, but what tarantula's I want to buy next. Welcome to the addiction lol. I heard those were a very beautiful t. And i'm glad you found the tarantula you were looking for. I hate not finding the t's on my brain lol.

Will you please post some pictures of your juvie once you get it?

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haha. I hate having tarantula's on the brain... I forget everything, but what tarantula's I want to buy next. Welcome to the addiction lol. I heard those were a very beautiful t. And i'm glad you found the tarantula you were looking for. I hate not finding the t's on my brain lol.

Yeah I'll definitely post some pictures, I'm hoping the weather stays ok so it should arrive this week

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
Oh the acanthoscurrias we can't have this very minute. A fracta is mine. The first step to curing a problem is binge buying tarantulas. Wait, I think I got that wrong....

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice!

Not sure I have seen this sp.
I was the same cold I'd never seen 1 in all the years I've been in and out of the hobby, I like the fact they are a little smaller than others like A genic and such but im hoping it as the same feeding response

TsunamiSpike

Arachnosquire
Enjoy your A Genic. Rarely see ours, mostly because she's sealed herself up in a burrow with a little trap hole for crickets to get in. Good feeding attacks though...

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

As promised a few quick pics of my new addition Acanthoscurria Antillensis juvenile

Attachments