Death Stories and Spider Eulogies

Regalius

Arachnopeon
Anyone ever accidentally killed a pet spider? Whether it was your's or someone else's? When you were a kid, or maybe even now?

Dochardee

Arachnopeon
I will start this off....I had an H. Incei sling that bolted on me and my first instinct was to grab a catch cup and place it over the sling. In the process of doing this the sling bolted again and I cut it in half with the cup. Needless to say I felt awful about it. Now I realized I had other options and regret it. That's the only one I have killed by my hand.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Accidents always happen, even if it's something as simple as an unknown death. I've lost a couple Latro slings recently and I don't know why. Could be as simple as they weren't as strong as their siblings, or it could have been an unknown error on my part. You learn a lot from accidental deaths though. It's always a learning experience, albeit a sad one.

horanjp

Arachnosquire
Bought a Hapalopus sp. for my buddy for his birthday once. Came over to check out the collection, show me what I got him..showed me the spider, which made a dash for freedom at that moment. Dashed under the keyboard by the computer. He lifted up the keyboard, spider dashes again. Drops the keyboard aaand smoosh. Didn't quite clear the keyboard. We just kind of stood there staring in disbelief. Hugs and silence were exchanged.