C. Torreya sling care

Graeboe

Arachnoknight
Just recieved a C. Torreya sling (1/4"+) and was wondering about its care. Can't find anything specific for this species so wondering who's had experiance or which trapdoor should I mode the care after. image.jpg

In vial for transport home

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You usually want to look up some care info before getting inverts, but we've all been there and had either a freebie or an impulse buy, especially at those darn expos :D (I actually did the same thing with a different species of trapdoor, so I know exactly how you feel!).

In terms of care, several inches of substrate is a must and I believe this species likes it a little more moist. I found that if you set up the enclosure with the substrate higher at one end than the other, the sling will burrow right into the little hill. If you want to see the little guy/girl in action, put some tape next to a starter hole and you might get lucky and be able to check on your trapdoor whenever you want! If Aphonopelma81 sees this, I'm sure he'll have all the info you'll need.

Graeboe

Arachnoknight
Thanks :) I've read into as much as I could find online for a basic search and haven't found much. I've seen for this fellow to have sandy dirt and put some moss on top to recreate how they are in the wild. But that's about it. I couldn't bring where I want to house him to work just because I have a small desk lol he's actually already started making a burtow in the vial I have for transport filled with that jungle mix stuff and I made it extra moist for him. Seems happy as a clam right now lol.
Wondering how deep should substrate be for a spiderling that small.