To look or not to look?

Graeboe

Arachnoknight
Ok just bc this has been sitting on my mind with a lot of posts I have seen with temps, humidity, sick ts, etc. Now I know almost everyone's coming out of a hard winter. But I was wondering: how often does everyone check on their tarantulas? Lol I'm i a strange one that I check minimum twice a day and check temps humidity water etc each time?

tarantulashack

Arachnopeon
im a creature of habit I check mine before work (2am) when I get home(noonish) again after a nap about (6pm) then again before bed (11pm). the temp is always the same so im just checking humidity and how there all doing. then periodically just random to check to see what all of them are up to :p

Rozkol

Arachnopeon
I have my four Ts all on my desk that I do my studying at so I'm looking at them all the time.

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
I think the longest I've gone without checking them was 4 or 5 days, and between bad timing and bad luck, the results were not good. Since then I look at them several times a day and do a thorough check of everyone three times a week - that is, removing uneaten food, refilling water dishes, leaving water droplets in webbing for easy access if anyone needs a drink, that sort of thing.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I usually hang out in my t room for a little while(sometimes hours) every day...I'm in there right now!
Its not that I feel compelled to check on there well being though.. The whole reason I keep ts is to watch what they do ( don't do)..

Graeboe

Arachnoknight
It's just one of those thoughts when I see so many surprise dead ts.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I look at mine many times a day, but just to be looking at them, mostly. If I were just concerned about their well-being, I'd probably examine them once daily.

This summer, I'm planning on being gone for about 16 days, and i'm pretty concerned about it. nobody to care for them while I'm gone leaves me worried a little about the hydration. I'm not worried about their diet, I'll just give then a decent meal right before leaving and hopefully the substrate moistening plus whatever water dishes I'll be using by then will be sufficient. hopefully, I'll be able to use larger, deeper dishes by then, those bottle caps evaporate pretty fast. Summer is more humid though, so evaporation might not be as quick.

Graeboe

Arachnoknight
Have you thought about one of those terrarium floggers on a timer? Idk how many Ts you have but combining that with a deli cup on the end to condense the fog and maybe run some aquarium air tubing to the tanks might drop enough water into them

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Every spare second I have have I check on my Ts lol, most of the times out of plain curiosity to see what they are up to hehehe.. this is more than twice a day..

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Have you thought about one of those terrarium floggers on a timer?
Your ts misbehave that badly that you schedule regular floggings? Well I'm not letting my ts play at your house anymore that's for sure! Lol!

cold blood

Staff member
I check on them every 2 hours. Twice a day I change, clean and re-fill all water dishes, mist all enclosures and once a day I replace all the sub in every enclosure and every night I clean up all the days webbing. Then I add a dead cricket and some water to keep any area mites happy and healthy, too...I then turn on all the heating pads before bed so they don't freeze and up to turn on their individual UV lights at the crack of dawn. I do feedings on the 3rd Saturday of each month like clockwork. :5:

Naw, I just look at them whenever I want.:smile:

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I check on them every 2 hours. Twice a day I change, clean and re-fill all water dishes, mist all enclosures and once a day I replace all the sub in every enclosure and every night I clean up all the days webbing. Then I add a dead cricket and some water to keep any area mites happy and healthy, too...I then turn on all the heating pads before bed so they don't freeze and up to turn on their individual UV lights at the crack of dawn. I do feedings on the 3rd Saturday of each month like clockwork. :5:

Naw, I just look at them whenever I want.:smile:

Slacker! Lol!