P. Irminia colors

2bears

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
2 yrs ago I purchased a group of P. Irmina slings from 3 different people. Now that they have some size on them I have noticed the orange/red color's vary from soft pink to bight orange.
In your opinion is this just a trait of the parents or could it be a locality issue?

skippydude

Arachnobaron
irminia should have bright orange lightening bolts on the legs. I recently saw where some one was bragging on crossing irminia X cambridgei, wonder if you wound up with some of those frankenspiders? :(

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
I know my p irminias chevrons are not bright orange. They're a softer, faded orange and her carapace is kinda of green but the nike swooshes are bright orange. Its not a hybrid. It could just be variation.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
I know my p irminias chevrons are not bright orange. They're a softer, faded orange and her carapace is kinda of green but the nike swooshes are bright orange. Its not a hybrid. It could just be variation.
Both my Irminias looks like this, although my bigger one is a bit brighter than the other, with a little deeper orange and black.. but both are pure.. they're both pre-mature and I suspect the bigger one is male.. sooo yeah.. I have a possible Irminia/cambridgei hybrid.. she's a very dark grey with an olive drab sheen on the carapace and femurs.. the chevrons on the abdomen are like those of P. Cambridgei but is also a deep yellowish and dark grey (where in pure cambridgei these seem to fade more together).. the markings on the feet are deep orange.. I also think the size of the abdomen plays a role in how bright the markings seems.. I have noticed when my Irminias are fat the markings on the abdomen seems faded..

---------- Post added 03-08-2015 at 07:10 PM ----------

irminia should have bright orange lightening bolts on the legs. I recently saw where some one was bragging on crossing irminia X cambridgei, wonder if you wound up with some of those frankenspiders? :(
I don't understand why people do this, it's plain stupidity really

2bears

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am sure this group are not crossed & pure P. Irmina. I keep mostly pokies but do enjoy these.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Its just individual variation and likely that they are in different stages of development ATM... Premolt will also effect the coloring.