Some new enclosures

David VB

Arachnosquire
Today i bought 5 new terraria for some subadult arboreal species :

2 of them are for P. metallica :

Other 3 will be for H. maculata but are still drying (glued some wood together to make hollow branches against a wooden back wall) :

More pictures tomorrow ;)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
nice always kinda liked those slide enclosures.. the wood looks great, is it field collected?

David VB

Arachnosquire
Yeah, almost a year ago. Has been drying all this time. Don't know what kind of wood it is, but did use some before which did great in a moisty enclosure (meaning no mould).

---------- Post added 03-10-2015 at 04:43 PM ----------

And here's the finished product :p

And a bit better in-depth view :

Last edited:

David VB

Arachnosquire
so where did you get them? last year. do they ship to the us?
Bought them at my local pet shop (in Belgium that is). Don't think the owner will ship out to the US, it would cost more to ship than the enclosures themselves, i think. It was 12euro for 1.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Bought them at my local pet shop (in Belgium that is). Don't think the owner will ship out to the US, it would cost more to ship than the enclosures themselves, i think. It was 12euro for 1.
Great deal if its glass. Thats most likely just slide guide chopped up. Probably €9-10 to make too! Especially if was chopped from large sheets or bulk

TheHonestPirate

Arachnoknight
Very cool. Looks like fun to design them. Can't wait until my slings get bigger and i can design a naturalistic looking terrarium

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Very nice my man! I love naturalistic enclosures...

I setup my cages similarly to yours however I never thought about attaching my bark tubes to the backdrop... I might give that a try!

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Very nice my man! I love naturalistic enclosures...

I setup my cages similarly to yours however I never thought about attaching my bark tubes to the backdrop... I might give that a try!
the way u said that.. all i can think of is pokie cannons.. now that you say that the 3rd one in the lineup looks like itd be about as fun and as accurate as taking a blunderbuss to the face

14pokies

Arachnoprince
the way u said that.. all i can think of is pokie cannons.. now that you say that the 3rd one in the lineup looks like itd be about as fun and as accurate as taking a blunderbuss to the face
Haha i have heard so many people refer to them as pokie launch ramps and newb tubes but I haven't had a poec attack me from one.. Yea they sometimes throw threats in them and will bolt out from them but I've ever had one jump from one out of aggression...

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Haha i have heard so many people refer to them as pokie launch ramps and newb tubes but I haven't had a poec attack me from one.. Yea they sometimes throw threats in them and will bolt out from them but I've ever had one jump from one out of aggression...
Deffensive ones have launched at me wasnt fun xD