B. albopilosum covered up and enclosed in her hide. Should I bother trying to feed?

Squidies

Arachnopeon
About a week or two ago she closed off her hide and (I assume) is chilling in there doing whatever she's doing, probably on her cell phone according to Poec. I'm not that worried about her in there, I was just wondering if I should bother to try and feed her during her vacation or just wait until she reemerges to do so. Thanks for the advice. :D

skippydude

Arachnobaron
May be trying to molt. You can offer prey, but I wouldn't disturb the burrow. When My B albos web up in a burrow, I place pre killed prey near the burrow and remove uneaten stuff the next day. It will likely emerge in a couple weeks with a brand new set of clothes.

Squidies

Arachnopeon
Best guess she is getting ready to molt. Just leave her alone until she emerges again.
Thanks. That's what I figured would be the best coarse of action. Even if she isn't getting ready for a molt, I'm sure she'll come out when she's ready to eat.

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
Like fuzzyavics said, it's likely getting ready to molt. When my slings block off their enclosures I don't bother feeding them until they re-emerge - though I do make sure they have access to fresh water at all times. They can end up mighty thirsty after a molt, in my experience.

cold blood

Staff member
Don't even bother until it emerges....if you really feel inclined to feed, do like skip mentioned and offer a pre-killed.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
If it has any interest in eating, it'll come out at night. If it's sealed in then, definitely leave it alone, and keep the water bowl full.

We usually have no idea of what's going on internally with them, and what impact seasonal cues have on their behavior. Remember, they're programmed to act certain ways in a very different climate in a different part of the world.