OT perhaps....looking for pinhead feeders

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Just curious if anyone in the NW chicagoland area knows where to pick up tiny feeders...
I know the swap, of course..But in reality my needs are small qty for now, as well as immediate.
Chicago reptile probably has something useable...But I am beginning to believe tiny feeders are impossible to come by
Thanks
Tony

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
You can mail order them, if you can't find them local. Being in or near a big city, you have a lot more options than many of us.

cold blood

Staff member
Get what you can and cut them up, they will happily scavenge. I've never bought or fed those tiny ones. They're a pain.

-=}GA']['OR{=-

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Tony, If you want I can give you some B. lateralis oothecae when I see you next. Not sure if your wife would go for roaches?

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Thanx gator. maybe...I still need something asap for the two tiny gifts from Randy

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
Got access to any fishing shops? Squat maggots will work fine for small slings, baby mealworms (fresh young are around 5mm hard to see in the bran though), young calci worms etc... Few options out there.

cold blood

Staff member
Got access to any fishing shops? Squat maggots will work fine for small slings, baby mealworms (fresh young are around 5mm hard to see in the bran though), young calci worms etc... Few options out there.
Squat maggots? In his area he'll find wax worms, also great for slings btw. Either whole or cut into pieces, waxies are a big hit.

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
+1on waxworms.Don't be sucked into thinking you need tiny,live prey for your slings,they'll happily scavenge feed on cut up bug parts.

Graeboe

Arachnoknight
Just curious if anyone in the NW chicagoland area knows where to pick up tiny feeders...
I know the swap, of course..But in reality my needs are small qty for now, as well as immediate.
Chicago reptile probably has something useable...But I am beginning to believe tiny feeders are impossible to come by
Thanks
Tony
I end up ordering my 1/8" on eBay. 500 is usually the smallest quantity I can find. Sometimes 250. More than I usually need but when they grow they fill in the gaps for many of my 1"+ guys

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
I end up ordering my 1/8" on eBay. 500 is usually the smallest quantity I can find. Sometimes 250. More than I usually need but when they grow they fill in the gaps for many of my 1"+ guys
Yea, our next swap I'll get plenty.
I decided to drive all the way to chicago reptile house....never been to the actual store. Their idea of 'tiny' crickets is 1/4" +
surprising. That and fruit flies. Meh....
So these will have to do for now.