B. Boehmei wet molt..

Emilyclaire

Arachnopeon
Hi guys,

About 3 weeks ago my b. Boehmei had a wet molt ... She has deformed back legs that look really odd but they seem to be keeping her abdomen from dragging the substrate when necessary.. I have read somewhere that it is a good idea to clip off deformed limbs to help them molt later on...but I'm really worried I'll be adding more stress to her. I really hope she pulls through. If anyone else has had a success story with a T. after a wet molt, I would really appreciate any input. This has been devastating :-( p.s. I'm hopeful because she did eat yesterday.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
If the T decides the legs are a problem it will cast them off on its own! My personal opinion on this is that you will be causing much more harm than good..

If your T did intact have a wet molt its entire exo is softer and weaker than normal.. Picking and prodding at her is likely a death sentence..

awiec

Arachnoprince
I had a spider have a rough molt and ended up with some deformed legs, it popped some off but kept one and molted with no complications, all legs regenerated normally. I would suggest just treat her normally but maybe not bug her as much.

Emilyclaire

Arachnopeon
Update: She is doing so well despite her deformity.. She is getting around well and her appetite is fantastic. Only time will tell I guess!! ( fingers crossed)