Need ideas for creating a custom lid for a 20x10 10 gallon tank.

Zymotic

Arachnopeon
Preferably it would have a latch that I can lock so kids can't get into it. I thought about just buying one of the zilla critter cages, but I have several 10 gallon tanks, so I thought it would be better to find a way to use one I already have instead.

Any ideas? Pictures would help as I understand and learn a little better with visual aides.

Zymotic

Arachnopeon
I setup this 10 gallon terrarium for my Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (Green Bottle Blue).

On the left side you can see a dirt hide I created with a balloon and Great Stuff sealant.

Hide on the right side is just a hollow cork bark.

I had to have a way to secure the enclosure and after trying cage clips I settled on using velcro.

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
I setup this 10 gallon terrarium for my Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (Green Bottle Blue).

On the left side you can see a dirt hide I created with a balloon and Great Stuff sealant.

Hide on the right side is just a hollow cork bark.

I had to have a way to secure the enclosure and after trying cage clips I settled on using velcro.

Your cage setup looks amazing. Where did you get the fake plants and is that cork bark? Sorry I just have never been able to find cage decorations that look that nice before...at least not in my LPSs

Zymotic

Arachnopeon
Your cage setup looks amazing. Where did you get the fake plants and is that cork bark? Sorry I just have never been able to find cage decorations that look that nice before...at least not in my LPSs
Thank you for the kind words. I bought the cork bark at Petco and the fake plants at Hobby Lobby.

If you checkout the "Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures" thread you will find a lot of inspiring ideas.
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?48951-Enclosure-Terrarium-Pictures

RolliePollie

Arachnopeon
This tank looks great. I used paper towel cardboard rolls wrapped in wax paper to create a scorpion cave. I'm stealing the balloon idea. How did you get the GS to not stick?